Jacobs Lead Structural Engineer in Pensacola, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team to provide design, engineering and analysis services for our southeast water/wastewater/water resource clients. The candidate will work on and manage a variety of water, wastewater, and water resources projects and assist with serving our municipal, federal, industrial and other clients. This position will be required to review planning/study documents, preliminary designs, detailed designs, plan reviews, and on-site observations. Each day, this position will be an important team member as they participate in the management of design, coordination, and execution of projects for our clients. This position will need to work independently on a wide-variety of tasks with peers in the Pensacola, FL office and throughout the company. This position should be a self-motivated professional with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project in our diverse and fast-paced office.
· Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of structures for equipment, products, and systems for municipal water and wastewater purposes
· Conducts condition assessments for existing buildings
· Provides technical guidance and mentors less experienced and remote design and engineering personnel
· Evaluates the desired goal of the process and/or system and selects the required design parameters to accommodate process equipment or system
· Develops complete design solutions from concept to final design including calculations and evaluations in the design of a structure or group of structures for municipal applications
· Confirms seismic, wind, and other local / regional code requirements and accounts for these requirements in a design
· Prepares specifications and operating instructions for structural processes
· Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
· Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
· Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the client
· May use computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD or Microstation to perform engineering tasks
· Has comprehensive understanding of structural engineering, principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
· Works with senior discipline experts in offices throughout the Southeastern United States under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering or related engineering discipline
• At least 10 years of experience as a structural engineer primarily in the water/wastewater/water resources design services
• Licensed PE in Alabama or Florida
• Experience in serving various municipal, federal, industrial, and other clients involving a wide variety of fields including water, wastewater, and water resource for planning, consulting, design and construction services
• Strong data analysis and technical problem solving
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines.
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask in a fast-paced office
• Master's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
• AutoCAD 3D, OpenBuildings Designer, Revit, and/or BIM skillsets
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.