Jacobs Senior Engineer/Project Manager in Pensacola, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their projects that are shaping our world.
We're looking for an experienced and collaborative Senior Engineer/Project Manager who will build and maintain strategic business partnerships through project delivery with key local and state governmental clients. As a Senior Engineer/Project Manager you will support Project Managers and engineering design teams to successfully deliver public sector projects while achieving desired project financial and quality goals. You will work with the project delivery teams and alongside area client service leads to help understand client organizations and processes, meet client project expectations, and work to ensure that Jacobs is the consultant-of-choice for our clients. You'll be able to leverage your people management skills to optimize your team’s performance and consistently deliver high-quality technical solutions for our clients. Bring your project management experience, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced consulting environment, and technical expertise and we’ll provide you with exciting and challenging opportunities to help you grow professionally over the remainder of your career.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
• Play a leadership role in project delivery and portfolio management activities that result the successful delivery of projects. This typically includes contract, task orders, and project pricing review, project staffing and quality management oversight, periodic project progress discussions, and mentoring and training of project managers on Jacobs tools, processes and objectives.
• Support of the sales team in winning new work through project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, oral presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
• Contribute to the development of a local Market Strategy that delivers leading-edge technology solutions for our clients while also actively diversifying and expanding our client base.
• Lead and manage teams through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
• Be accountable for successfully completing projects to the satisfaction of clients and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that Jacobs’ business and policy expectations are met in the areas of health and safety, quality, financial, project delivery, and risk management.
• Demonstrate leadership by example with integrity and candor and in support of Jacobs Culture of Caring work environment.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering or related discipline
• Located in or around Mobile, Alabama or the Florida Panhandle with a demonstrated history of working with public and/or private sector infrastructure clients in the South Alabama and Florida panhandle area
• Progressively responsible Project Management experience with infrastructure projects and consulting
• Demonstrated progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: stormwater, wastewater, water, transportation, city services, operations and maintenance consulting, or related services
• Strong understanding of project delivery tools and metrics, and a proven history leading project delivery teams to successfully meet client expectations
• Attributes that include excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong data analysis and technical problem solving, and a strong organizational approach.
• Proven track record in developing and maintaining strong client relationships that result in the creation and procurement of new and repeat consulting work.
• 12-15 years of progressive experience in public infrastructure design and project management.
• Florida or Alabama Professional Engineering license or the ability to obtain a professional engineering license in Florida or Alabama within 6 months.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.