Jacobs Water Resources Engineer in Pensacola, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Water Resources Engineer associated with our Pensacola, FL office, you will have the opportunity to work with the top ranked water engineering firm in the world - to contribute in the development of multidisciplinary water resources, environmental, transportation, and site civil projects and programs. Working with other members of our local and regional team, you'll collaborate on studies, designs, and field assignments for hydraulic/hydrologic modeling, fish passage, stream restoration, stormwater management, drainage, hydropower, and water conveyance and storage. Our teams commonly engage at the forefront of large, complex projects to help navigate the competing challenges of reliable water supply and protection of natural resources.
The position will involve working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver planning, design, and implementation phases of projects completed for municipal, private, state, Tribal, irrigation district, and Federal clients. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to grow professionally through engagement with our Market Solutions group focused on innovative solutions for our clients and our Sales Team focused on growth and sales opportunities. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related engineering field
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in Florida
• At least 7 years of professional experience in water resources engineering and related experience
• Demonstrated experience with 1D and 2D hydraulic modeling software (e.g., HEC-RAS, SRH-2D, HEC-RAS 2D)
• Demonstrated experience with other analysis and design software packages (e.g., Bentley FlowMaster, FHWA’s Hydraulic Toolbox, HY-8, Microstation, InRoads, AutoCAD Civil3D, ArcMap)
• Demonstrated ability to lead the preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, model development and analysis, studies, proposals and/or reports.
• Strong technical writing skills
• Master’s degree in fields listed above
• Preferred Experience with ICPR4, watershed management plan, GIS
• Experience with both open channel and closed conduit hydraulics
• Experience with RiverWare river and reservoir modeling
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.