Jacobs Electrical Engineer- Ports in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Our top ENR -ranked Ports & Maritime team is seeking a Port Electrical Engineer to manage and deliver projects that expand, modernize, optimize, and decarbonize marine cargo terminals, urban waterfronts, and maritime industrial facilities all over the world. Your efforts will be primarily focused on the public and private North American cargo terminal market (such as containers, liquid bulk, dry bulk, Ro-Ro, and break bulk), but will also encompass passenger terminals, urban waterfronts, and industrial facilities throughout the Americas and internationally. You will primarily be leading the development and review of electrical plans, drawings, cost estimates, schedules, reports, and specifications. In addition to client project work, you will support the regional, national, and global Ports & Maritime team with proposals involving low and medium voltage electrical planning, design, and construction management scope.
You will also have the chance to work with our other markets and disciplines as part of an integrated and forward-thinking team with the opportunity to learn from and assist key specialists. Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Contribute to and/or lead the preparation of electrical design drawings, technical memorandums, technical specifications, and design reports for the successful delivery of our infrastructure projects
• Contribute to and/or lead the preparation of proposals, including the development of technical approaches and levels of effort for the electrical engineering scope of work
• Work collaboratively across the various disciplines and markets within Jacobs to further develop your professional career and knowledge while being a key part of our project delivery teams
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Professional Engineering (PE) license in electrical engineering from a US state
• Substantial post graduate professional years of electrical design experience working on ports and other marine facilities
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and subject matter experts to deliver projects, in both in-person and remote environments
• Ability to work remotely and independently
• Ability and willingness to travel to project sites and client offices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of NEC, NPFA, NEMA, IEC, NAVFAC, and other electrical codes, standards, criteria and specs used in the design of maritime facilities
• Experience in the design of projects where electrical equipment is installed in a corrosive marine environment and knowledge of the associated corrosion issues
• Experience in the design of medium voltage and low voltage electrical distribution systems and the infrastructure needed for container terminals, marine facilities, urban waterfronts, and other transportation facilities
• Experience in the design of grounding and lightning protection systems for industrial facilities such as container terminals
• Experience in the design of lighting systems for industrial facilities such as container terminals
• Experience in the design of medium and low voltage shore power (cold ironing) connection systems and other electrical services for vessels
• Familiarity and experience with the following design programs (or similar):
o SKM Power Systems Analysis Software
o ETAP Power Systems Analysis Software
o AGi32 Lighting Design Software
o AutoCAD or MicroStation
o Bluebeam or other PDF editing application for paperless drawing review and markup
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Master’s Degree in Electrical engineering
• Experience in the design of electrification for port-related equipment and infrastructure such as ship-to-shore cranes, gantry cranes, straddle carriers, etc.
• Experience in the design of microgrids and energy resilience measures for ports and other transportation infrastructure
• Experience in the design of cathodic protection systems (sacrificial or impressed current) in a marine environment
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.