Jacobs Electrical Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As an Electrical Engineer in our Philadelphia, PA office you will be joining a team that provides a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. Our diverse range of skills include power system planning, power distribution, lighting design, fire and life safety systems, low and medium voltage distribution systems for building and infrastructure facilities.
While working in this role you’ll be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously including design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls, prepare load analysis for different stages of design, prepare drawings detailing the system designed, prepare basis of design report for the project, prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms, select equipment and fixtures for use in the building and coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
With our team of Electrical Engineers and Designers you’ll utilize your exceptional design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including airports, Data Centers, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
Some of the experience you will need to draw on are:
• Design full low and medium voltage electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems
• Design lighting systems including associated control systems
• Prepare load analysis for each stage of design
• Prepare detailed project electrical systems drawings
• Prepare basis of design report for the project
• Prepare and document project energy compliance to applicable energy codes
• Select and prepare specifications for electrical equipment
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines (mechanical, life safety, etc.) and with project architects
• Maintain confidentiality with clients and projects.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• At least 5 years working for a mechanical, electrical and plumbing, MEP firm experience
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Experience in Revit/3D CADD, Agi32 or equivalent lighting design software
• Knowledge of NFPA Codes and Standards, i.e.; 70,70E,130,502,101,110, etc.
*Ideally, You’ll Also Have: *
• Experience working on data center, power, VPS systems, generator systems and medium voltage distribution projects
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate or Professional Engineering (PE) License (Moved EIT to preferred)
• SKM and/or eTap Power Tools, Bentley BIM
• Aviation electrical design background
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.