Jacobs Life Safety System Designer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Philadelphia, PA office is seeking qualified individuals for an opportunity to join their team of dedicated Life Safety Professionals who have experience and interest in the design of fire detection and alarm, mass notification systems, and security systems for new and existing facilities including laboratories, corporate offices, and data centers.
When you join us you’ll be responsible for the following:
• Design and documentation of security systems and fire detection/alarm, and mass notification systems for new and existing facilities including office buildings, higher education facilities, hospitals, laboratories, mission critical facilities, public transportation and more.
• Consulting for life safety, building, and fire code compliance.
• Working with an in-house staff of architects and engineers to coordinate fire alarm and security systems in an integrated working environment while considering client concerns for project costs and construction schedules.
• Planning and design details including engineering concepts, distribution plans, riser diagrams, detail drawings, schedules, specifications, design analysis, engineering reports, etc.
• Occasional on-site project observations and reviews.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Associates Degree from a design/drafting program
• Minimum 7 year’s technical experience in a fire alarm and security system design.
• NICET Certification – Fire Alarm Level III preferred, ability to gain certification
• Knowledge of NFPA Standards, model Building Codes and Fire Codes is
• Experienced in the application and specification of fire alarm system and security system technology and products.
• Knowledge of fire alarm and security system equipment operation and selection.
• Proficiency in CADD (AutoCAD and/or MicroStation)
• Experience in Revit or similar BIM platform i
• Working knowledge of other building systems (e.g. door finish hardware, IT building communications, lighting controls and BAS networks) as these relate to fire alarm and security systems.
• This individual must be able to work within a multidisciplinary design team to provide fire alarm and security system design and life safety code consultation and is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.