Jacobs Telecommunications Systems Engineer Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We're looking for a Telecommunications Systems Engineer in Phoenix Arizona who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing and research facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, enthusiastic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You’ll thrive as you perform design of telecommunications systems for our client’s advanced facilities.
This position will provide Lead opportunities for delivery of complex packages in coordination with engineers and design leads that form the core of our electrical delivery team. You will interface directly with client counterparts in designing of their facilities. Utilizing AutoCAD and Revit MEP, our teams create 3D models in coordination with architects and engineers. From those 3D BIM models you’ll design fire alarm, smoke and leak detection, security, and intrusion detection systems, and more. Using the various applicable Life Safety & Fire codes as well as industry standards you will provide: calculations; equipment size and quantities; equipment and construction specifications; network diagrams and addressing; and various construction deliverables in both 2D and 3D platforms for a constructable design.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Two-year technical degree or four-year non-technical degree.
• BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Services International) RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) credential
• Ten-years of relevant experience in telecommunications design and construction industry
• Knowledge & application of NFPA 70 (NEC) and electrical design requirements
• Knowledge & application of telecommunications industry association (TIA) standards
• Experience guiding a team of telecommunications design staff
• Knowledge of design and construction specifications
• Experience estimating and scheduling mid to large scale projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Master’s degree
• Project management experience
• Working knowledge of 3D BIM software (Revit)
• 10 years of telecommunications design in semiconductor or datacenters
• Knowledge and design experience with paging, intercom, and audio-visual systems
• Knowledge and design experience with life safety and security systems; fire alarm, access control, CCTV
• Knowledge of control systems and network topology
• Oversight of Quality Assurance and Checking program for telecommunications systems
• Start-up and Commissioning of telecommunications systems
• Ideal Certification:
• DCDC (Data Center Design Consultant)
• OSP (Outside Plant)
• RTPM (Registered Telecommunications Project Manager)
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.