Jacobs Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We're looking for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in Pittsburg, PA, or Albany, NY who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. You’ll also provide on-site assistance during startup, coordinate work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce designs for electrical circuits and panels utilizing control applications, designs for control systems for a variety of processes, and develop options and optimizations for all aspects of the process control, instrumentation, and automation. You’ll be surrounded by expert mentorship opportunities to help you thrive in your new career.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
• At least 5 Years of experience working with Instrumentation and Control
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Working knowledge of PLC, DCS, and other controls applications.
• Professional Engineer License
• Piping & Instrument Diagram Development (P&ID) including ANSI/ISA S5.1 symbology.
• Knowledge of control systems architecture development, networks, network security systems, motor control and power distribution systems.
• Interpret varied instrumentation and engineering diagrams, specifications and schematics.
• Control panel design. Knowledge of UL508A requirements for industrial control panels.
• Knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, and analytical instrumentation. Understand the principles of operations, terminology, safety considerations and applications for common analytical instruments.
• Knowledge of control valves including valve sizing.
• Experience with Revit 2018, BIM360, Navisworks 2018, and AutoCAD 2018.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passion for buildings and construction
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.