Jacobs Senior Electrical Engineer - Mission Critical/Data Centers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
For this role, you should be a self-motivated, registered Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in delivering Mission Critical / Data Center or advanced facility design projects. At Jacobs, our Senior Electrical Engineers offer range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The Senior Engineer will be responsible for leading a talented team in mechanical systems design for large Mission Critical / Data Center Facilities in the domestic and international locations.
• The Lead Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
• As the team leader you will also be responsible for the professional growth of your team. Lead design and engineering project staff personnel.
• Find resolutions to infrastructure conflicts, code challenges, cost and energy efficiency challenges.
• Working with mission critical mechanical design and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external).
• Oversee and manage the mechanical systems design for projects through design development, construction documents, bidding, construction administration and commissioning phases of project.
• Be responsible for scheduling, projecting manpower requirements, and budgets for Mission Critical projects.
• Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports.
• Communicate technical advice and engineering reasoning to client.
• Support business development activities for sales in the mission critical and data center marketplace.
• Attend conferences and seek presentation opportunities or preparation of white papers.
Location for this position is flexible.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required.
• At least 8 years’ experience working in a consulting engineering environment required.
• Professional Engineer is preferred.
• Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD preferred.
• Previous leadership experience in a MEP environment preferred.
• Travel will be required -- both within the U.S and International.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.