Jacobs Sales Operations Manager in Portland, Oregon
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Sales teams drive the capture of work that allows Jacobs to build a world that is more connected and sustainable. Our Advanced Facilities business is looking for a Senior Sales Operations Manager to support our Electronics & Data Center team. You’ll be responsible for leading multi-discipline teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment through the full life cycle of our sales operation process to win work.
You’ll lead the consistent application of our Relationship Based Sales (RBS) process to win work. You will work with our team of Sales Leads and Client Account Managers on strategic positioning for specific opportunities as you facilitate strategy workshops, capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials, and develop specific action plans that our teams can implement to increase our likelihood of success. You will plan, organize, and direct all elements of the proposal process to develop high-quality, opportunity-specific responses with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy our client’s business objectives. You’ll ensure technical content is conveyed in ways that make sense to both technical and non-technical people. You’ll drive multi-disciplinary proposal teams and global support staff to create a quality deliverable that meets our clients’ aggressive deadlines - piloting the group to the finish line!
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, attention to detail, and enthusiasm, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and win the world’s most challenging and specialized facilities projects, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Start your career at Jacobs, with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years business development or related experience; additional education may be substituted for 3 years of experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with account development support and proposals for technology, electronics, data center, and/or manufacturing clients
• Capability in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience leading large teams through the sales process in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Cleanroom Lab/R&D or design-build industry experience
• Experience working at a multinational company or company with international operations
• Ability to communicate value propositions clearly and concisely to a “C-suite” audience
• Ability to facilitate teams in developing and maturing technical and management solutions
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and engage with various stakeholders/reviewers on tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English, including sales messaging, themes, proposal aesthetics, quality, and content
• Flexibility and capability to work multiple projects with tight deadlines
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.