Jacobs Senior I&C Engineer - Remote in Portland, Oregon
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We're looking for a Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in Portland, OR who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. You’ll also provide on-site assistance during startup, coordinate work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce designs for electrical circuits and panels utilizing control applications, designs for control systems for a variety of processes, and develop options and optimizations for all aspects of the process control, instrumentation, and automation. You’ll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise to mentor other professionals, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical, or Mechanical, or relevant experience.
• At least 20+ Years of experience working with Instrumentation and Control
• Working knowledge of PLC systems. and network system design
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• Demonstrated knowledge of Piping & Instrument Diagram Development (P&ID) using ANSI/ISA S5.1 symbology.
• Knowledge of industrial temperature, pressure, flow, analytical, and humidity instrumentation.
• Cleanroom design experience and knowledge of instrumentation systems associated with the semiconductor industry.
• Control panel design. Knowledge of UL508A requirements for industrial control panels.
• Specification of control valves including valve sizing.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Eagerness to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including global multi-office, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Passion for buildings and construction
This is a remote position
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.