Jacobs Water/ Wastewater Operators - All Levels in Portland, Oregon
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
As an Operator, you’ll join a collaborative team ensuring that our clients can deliver their services – uninterrupted. We have opportunities for Operators all over the United States, so if you are looking for a new adventure where you’ll perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water/ wastewater treatment plant including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and day-to-day activities on an assigned shift, submit your application for consideration .
We are looking for individuals with all levels of water/wastewater treatment certifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water/ wastewater, sludge, and effluent
• Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
• Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
• Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
• Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treat¬ment processes
• Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
• Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
• Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
• Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
• Understands and carries out oral and written directions
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with co-workers and all those contacted during the course of work
• Performs other duties as required
**This posting is to collect resumes of interested Certified Operators for opportunities with Jacobs in the Portland, OR area.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• High school diploma or GED
• Any Class/Grade Water Operator and/or Class/Grade Wastewater Operator
• At least One year of experience in operating water/wastewater treatment plants
• Possess a valid driver’s license
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Basic familiarity of the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes; safe work practices
• Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data management systems and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to service equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, push a push-type mower; wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.