Jacobs Full Stack Developer in Quantico, Virginia
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is looking for a Full Stack Developer to support its federal client program at Quantico, VA. This posiiton is 100% remote.
The role includes designing user interactions on websites, developing servers and databases for website functionality and coding for mobile platforms. This includes designing user interactions on web pages and developing back end website applications It also includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Be instrumental in helping to make a successful transition to a Xamarin/C#/.NET development environment
• Design, develop, test and maintain mobile applications using Xamarin/C# for both iOS and Android
• Design and develop software using disciplined software development processes that adhere to industry standard and software best practices
• Design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle.
• Provide support to other departments when required.
• Integrate applications as per written specifications
• Translate technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules
• Perform Unit Testing to ensure the application meets the needs of the government
• Maintain and upgrade the software following deployment
• Manage the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications
• Implement requested software features and enhancements
• Maintain Bug List and exercise control over software configuration
• Document approved software configuration Change Requests (CRs)
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Must possess and maintain at least a Top Secret clearance
• Minimum eight years of software development experience
• Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
• Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
• Familiarity with common stacks
• Database Technology: Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL), web servers
• Basic Design Ability: Knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design
• In depth understanding of Stored Procedures/triggers (e.g. PL/SQL, T-SQL), Functions, and Views
• Experience with Web API and RESTful Services
• Understanding of IIS, Active Directory LDAP Authentication Process, Message Queue, Windows Services
• Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio (2015 & 2017)
• Must be available 24/7 for system troubleshooting and support
• On an as needed basis or as requested, troubleshoot and support the primary and COOP sites
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills as well a high degree of self-motivation
• Must be able to communicate technical information to customers with varying skill levels
• Familiarity and working knowledge of C+ • Experience designing and documenting processes and procedures
• Able to work with moderate supervision
• Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with Telerik UI Control and MVC
• Experience with AWS DynamoDB
• Understanding of Toad for Oracle
• Working knowledge of Google Map API
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .