Jacobs Electrical Project Engineer - SKM (remote / Portland, OR) in Raleigh, North Carolina
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we do not settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
Become part of our team as an Electrical Project Engineer with SKM experience who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. This is a U.S remote position supporting Jacobs Portland, OR office.
Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects, including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of assigned routine engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule for assigned tasks, you’ll effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly. You’ll also provide on-site assistance during startup, coordinate work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce installation details, motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementaries, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, and power plans.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy Engineering
· At least 5 years of Electrical Engineering experience
· At least 2 years of experience with ETAP/SKM/Easypower
· Knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) & IEEE standards
· Understanding of electrical power system equipment/components, such as Switchgears, transformers, panelboards, generators, UPS, etc.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Project lead experience
· Team leadership and client interaction experience
· Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
· Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
· Passionate about buildings and construction
· Engineer in Training (EIT)
*Ideally, you’ll also have: *
· Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Experience with electrical engineering power distribution design projects and mission critical facilities experience
· Professional Engineering License (PE)
· Medium Voltage (MV) design experience
· Working knowledge of Revit or BIM software
#afelectronics #electricalengineer #skm #LI-remote
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus. The base salary for this position is $76,800-$120,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations if remote. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.