Jacobs Sr. Enterprise Solutions Architect in Reston, Virginia
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
As a Sr. Enterprise Solutions Architect, you will provide technical management and oversight of a variety of these software projects, from design to delivery. You will be responsible to align your solutions to our customers’ strategic initiatives and ensure the successful technical implementation of all developed requirements for your portfolio through the use of clear, simple and technically superior design decisions driven by data. You will be required to outline strategic goals of the technical implementations, identify implementation synergies between projects across the portfolio, and facilitate the management of these synergistic implementations by advocating a GitOps-oriented methodology leveraged throughout the development toolchain.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Working with the Chief Architect that oversees all projects.
• Utilize Enterprise and Solutions Architects as force-multipliers and establish mentor/mentee relationships with them.
• Prepare presentations and brief high level executive staff and customers on project designs, overall goals, and advantages to the technical approach.
• Communicate effectively with staff at all levels of project execution; both in person and via clear, concise writing.
• Collaborate across development verticals of functionality, from requirements management and security engineering to development/testing and from architecture to implementation.
• Work with corporate and customer project management to provide resource cost analysis, both in terms of cloud resources and human capital.
• Be a key stakeholder and Product Owner in backlog refinements and other ceremonies in a SAFe software methodology.
• Lead Technical Exchange Meetings.
• Participate in program-level “deep dives” to ensure follow-through on stated technical objectives and provide feedback.
• Define risks and issues to project execution from a technical perspective.
• Identify and exploit opportunities presented through savvy portfolio management.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Limited support of legacy systems, and migration of legacy systems data
Develop new applications, extend existing web services, refresh UI/UX front-ends
Support a variety of product domains with large data sets, workflow management, and some business services
Support a global audience for the DoD/IC community
12 yrs relevant experience with Bachelors's Degree.
Minimum of TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
- General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
- General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.