Jacobs Business Systems Integration and BI Application Developer in Richmond, Virginia
StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy and optimize infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. For application across highway redesigns, public transportation planning, and emissions modeling, to ride sharing, active transportation and autonomous vehicles, our platform powers more than 10,000 mobility projects monthly for government and private customers, and we are just getting started.
We are seeking a Business Systems Integration and Business Intelligence (BI) Application Developer to develop internal dashboard applications that drive higher efficiency and effectiveness within our business. Reporting initially to our COO, you’ll work closely with business stakeholders across the company to implement dashboard applications that integrate data from multiple operational systems including our own product, StreetLight InSight®. Your initial assignment will be to work closely with our COO, CTO and Customer Care leadership on a strategic project to implement the first version of a dashboard providing a 360°View of our customers to increase the efficiency of our Customer Success and Product Support teams. We’ll ask you to maintain and enhance this application as well as take on other integration and application development assignments over time.
As a key member of our team, you’ll use your technical skills in data integration, system architecture, BI development, and data visualization, as well as strong organizational skills, to produce a successful end product that brings strategic insights while reducing the workload of your colleagues. We’ll rely on your expertise and background in developing BI applications and data flows for internal business users with substantial data integration across enterprise products such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Skilljar, Jira or similar systems to create, deliver, and succeed with certainty. Candidates may be located remotely or in one of our offices in the San Francisco, CA or Richmond, VA regions.
You Will Lead By:
• Understanding the StreetLight organization, business objectives and growth plans, business user constituencies and needs
• Developing an understanding of the existing business systems, processes, and data repositories the company relies upon and the owners of those system
• Establishing good working relationships across the business users and business systems owners that will be your internal customers and key stakeholders
• Reviewing, analyzing, and refining business requirements for new applications
• Working closely with CTO and COO to coordinate and collaborate effectively across business users to identify, develop, document, and gain approval of the functional and system requirements
• Working closely with the CTO and parent organization, Jacobs, as needed to determine technology choices and acquire access to needed tools
• Developing conceptual and detailed design documents and implementation plan for customized solutions to meet requirements with consideration for the data integration requirements and technology platform
• Creating and maintaining data integrations, including adaptation and maintenance for underlying system changes for output files, API integrations, web services interfaces, etc.
• Managing the lifecycle of internal applications developed for development and release of feature enhancements and ongoing maintenance
• Developing and maintaining project plans in Asana and communicating status against implementation plans to team members and key stakeholders
• Developing and performing data integration and application testing plans; test systems, identify bugs, debug, and resolve the issues
• Maintaining source code of the software and follow the developer best practices of the company
• Working closely with COO and internal stakeholders to provide training to end-users and provide ongoing technical support over time
• Traveling from time to time to attend company meetings and interface with other StreetLight Data employees as needed
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
• Professional BI development experience with an emphasis on data modeling, integration, storage and creation of robust business intelligence solutions
• Experience with data and systems integration, including data management and API integration with at least one of Salesforce Sales Cloud or Zendesk
• Generalist mindset with the desire and ability to ramp on new technologies quickly and efficiently
• Experience with cloud computing platforms, Google Cloud Platform a strong plus
• Understanding of DevOps & Infrastructure Management a strong plus
• Proven ability to develop solution specifications and implementations
• Demonstrated experience collaboratively working with business stakeholders to understand, meet and support their needs
• Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills that enable clear explanations of complex concepts to internal audiences through formal and informal, verbal and written presentations, as well as transparently communicate the trade-offs between execution options
• Experienced using a wide range of tools and technologies including JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office applications, project management tools, etc.
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• Extremely well-organized, logical thinker with a positive outlook that can take large projects and break them down into manageable tasks with achievable goals and schedules for yourself and others
• Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys problem-solving
• Detail-oriented and invested in producing high quality work to schedule
• Technologically curious, excited to try new tools/systems
• Open, honest, direct and respectful communicator; a collaborative team player who can collaborate with others to get things done in a positive manner
• Creative thinker that focuses on how something can be accomplished within the time and resources available
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.