Jacobs Senior Roadway Engineer Design Lead in Richmond, Virginia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Take your career to the next level with Jacobs, with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Jacobs Virginia Transportation team is searching for a motivated and experienced Roadway Design Lead who can utilize their excellent technical and design management skills to deliver highways-related infrastructure projects. This opportunity is your chance to work on multi-disciplined transportation projects that focus on highway, roadway, and interchange projects. You’ll be a Roadway Design Lead on large transportation projects throughout the Virginia geography to lead project teams, perform preliminary and final design engineering and prepare documentation to satisfy the requirements for local and State roadway projects for our Virginia transportation top clients such as the Virginia DOT and local county and city governments.
We’d look to you to provide technical leadership and oversee all aspects of highway design projects including design-build transportation project. You’d perform work with the preparation of roadway design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual, preliminary and final design levels. Also, you’d develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
You’d grow professionally with the opportunity to coordinate with all complimentary disciplines (roadway, drainage, structural, traffic, public involvement and environmental), technical preparation and supervision of roadway and planning design tasks, perform plan quality reviews, participate in value engineering studies.
You’ll be directing and coordinating activities of design engineers and technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. Our team would show growth because you’d assist with mentoring and leading early career engineers in developing final design plans. Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance as well as maintain a close relationship with clients and track upcoming project opportunities and collaborate on project pursuits.
When coordinating the planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety and organization of subcontractors, internal technical and support staff as well as assisting in business development and proposal efforts- you’ll be able to practice your business acumen skills.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Engineering degree in Civil Engineering.
• License as a Professional Engineer in Virginia
• Substantial professional project experience associated with the highway market sector and with large transportation infrastructure projects and programs.
• Proficiency and prior experience of using MicroStation, OpenRoads, InRoads and Civil 3D
• Proven track record of roadway design experience with VDOT, DDOT and MDOT. Expert knowledge of VDOT design standards and design criteria is required.
• Experience in transportation design work with an emphasis on roadway/highway and geometrics final design and/or Maintenance of Traffic and Traffic Control final design.
• Strong technical design background in traffic engineering, highway design, and highway drainage, as well as expertise with AASHTO, FHWA and MUTCD standards.
• Previous experience working on alternative delivery (Design-Build and PPP) major transportation projects is preferred.
*Ideally, you’ll also have: *
• 3D modeling experience using OpenRoads. Strong MicroStation and OpenRoads background.
• Working knowledge of ProjectWise.
• Previous Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) experience and understanding of VDOT policies and procedures.
• Actively engaged in professional organizations.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.