Jacobs Systems Engineer in Ridgecrest, California
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Mission Statement: TThe Conventional Prompt Strike Test Facility (CTF) contract supports the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD), Weapons and Energetics Department in China Lake, CA and Crane, IN. We maintain the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness in our relationships with our customers, suppliers, subcontractors and professional associates.
Jacobs is seeking a Journeyman level, or above, Systems Engineer to support the CTF team at China Lake, CA, with experience in engineering drawings, integration planning and execution, and CAD. A BA/BS degree and 8 to 10+ years of related experience, or 16 years of relevant experience in an Engineering field are required. The successful candidate will have a desire to work in a hands-on and collaborative environment. This position requires initiative, teamwork, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Performance of this position requires working outdoors in various environments. U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Demonstrated experience in DOD-related test programs are a plus.
The skill set required includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Able to review and maintain engineering documentation including auditing the design engineering, plus the production of technical specifications and support the process of integration.
• Work with document management representatives to ensure all project documentation is complete and stored in the appropriate repositories.
• Resolve field‐initiated questions on engineering, visits jobsite, aide in the resolution of technical issues; resolve a wide range of design and constructability issues in creative ways to provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, and technical reports.
• Demonstrate the ability to audit designs.
• Experienced with testing facility projects, change management, and engagement with field personnel.
• Provide technical support in defining courses of actions and solutions, CONOPs, integration, and validation of courses of action against requirements.
• Responsible for preparing and/or maintaining operations documentation, procedures, and methods including user manuals and reference manuals. Provides or coordinates special documentation services as required. Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of documentation. May act as project leader for large jobs.
• Proven ability to conduct independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
• Experience of Identifying, implementing, and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Manage multiple tasks, and at times projects, concurrently.
• Work with PM to resolve various project-related issues that may arise over the course of a project.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others and tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Requirements: May include lifting of weight up to forty (30) pounds as necessary.
Work Environment: Can involve inside or outside work depending on the task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines : Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work-related tools as required. Possess heavy and light equipment licenses, or the ability to obtain the necessary licenses.
Attendance: Normal hours are Monday – Thursday between 6:00am to 4:00pm during flex weeks, 6:00am to 3:00pm on non-flex weeks. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Other Essential Functions: Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management, and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel (up to 10%) to and from customer locations and test locations (government and vendor) may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices
are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .