Jacobs Health, Safety & Environment Professional in Rio Rancho, New Mexico
This position is required to assist in the development, implementation, and administration of safety, health, environmental protection, permit compliance, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection.
Our Health, Safety & Environment Professionals:
• Perform assessments of Health & Safety performance of projects within their areas of responsibility and generate of report including recommendations to project management in areas requiring improvement.
• Review and assist with training of operations personnel.
• Coordinate and providing training.
• Ensure an overall improving trend for key safety metrics in their area of responsibility TRR, DART, RTW program implementation, etc.
• Communicate gaps in project Health, Safety & Environment programs if they are not corrected in a timely manner.
• Have specific knowledge of specialty areas (IPP, drinking water, homeland security, biosolids, etc.) and perform onsite audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Are responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of Health, Safety & Environment disciplines to achieve compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
• Work under very general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. Responsible for implementation of field and office HS&E program and occupational safety and health regulation in regional operations.
• Monitor and prevent chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work place.
• May act as a lead person or technical expert and provide direction to less experienced personnel.
• Conduct regular walk through inspections and investigations in accordance with legal requirements.
• Work closely with site management on any procedural roll outs and site compliance.
• Identify and recommend resolution of hazardous/potential hazardous conditions and follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
• Investigate personal injury and property damage accidents; compile data, photographs, etc. and prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents; issue various entry permits (i.e. to confine spaces) as required; conduct various industrial hygiene samplings, such as gas, noise test to ensure safe working conditions; may assist in conducting employee/craft and insurance inspectors on walk through tours; may accompany federal, state and insurance inspectors on walk through tours.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
• BS degree plus an additional 3 years full time experience in a Health & Safety position; or a minimum of 7 years full time experience in a Health & Safety position in lieu of the degree
• Previous experience in a construction and general industry environment
• Experience with managing and conducting safety training presentations
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• Ability to travel 20% a year
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no major infractions
Job: *Health, Safety and Security
Title: Health, Safety & Environment Professional
Location: US NEW MEXICO-Rio Rancho
Requisition ID: 180003MI