Jacobs HSE Manager in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
This position oversees the development, implementation, and administration of safety, health, environmental protection, and substance abuse prevention programs affecting employee and public safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection. This role serves as a resource for a line management to develop and administer a proactive prevention program for accidents and illnesses. The incumbent is responsible for the results of multiple groups of non-exempt employees or a group of exempt staff, and manages the financial responsibilities and work commitments of the group(s). The scope of work may span multiple locations or a region.
Under general direction supervises regional HS&E staff. Responsible for implementing CH2M HILL’s field and office HS&E program and occupational safety and health regulations in regional operations.
· Conducts comprehensive reviews of potential risks on projects (HS&E, contracting, and insurance) and identifies potential mitigation measures.
· Maintains expert knowledge of specific requirements imposed by governmental agencies and CH2M HILL policies and procedures.
· Provides technical leadership and guidance to regional staff to ensure occupational HS&E regulations and CH2M Hill’s policies are understood and being enforced.
· Conducts HS&E training. Acts as a technical expert. Provides HS&E leadership and establishes safety culture within region.
· Develops and implements a regional HS&E communication plan to promote HS&E and increase employees’ awareness of HS&E issues and incident prevention methods.
· Identifies need for new HS&E tools, processes, policies and training as well as recommending improvements for existing tools, processes, policies, and training.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
BS required; MS in industrial hygiene, safety, or related field preferred. Strong preference will be given to graduates of applicable
ABET accredited programs.
· 8 years in HS&E and, at least 3 in Compliance/Environmental Management.
· CIH or CSP required and both strongly preferred.