Jacobs O&M Specialist in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Provides support for all Operational and Maintenance (O&M) Cross-City Services (XCS) for Qiddiya, serving as stewards for all best practice. The role assists with startup and development of operational guides, manuals, and documentation. Develops and delivers training programs and performance evaluations on new assets, including utilities, infrastructure, equipment, and facilities. In addition, the role performs reviews, participates in consultations, and provides feedback on asset concepts, plans, designs, and construction activities to ensure that O&M considerations are properly integrated into the assets under development. Coordinates with all other XCS functions and delivery teams in representing O&M perspectives. Supports implementation of the O&M strategy across the entire Qiddiya program and reports directly to the XCS O&M Director (OMD).
The O&M Specialist acts in a technical role, effectively carrying out the plans, procedures, and directives of the Qiddiya Delivery Partnership. Duties and responsibilities will include;
• Meet with and report to the OMD about the Qiddiya-wide O&M program, as well as about the OMD’s plans for any upcoming departmental adjustments, assignments, and developments.
• Evaluate performance of assets and associated operators by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics relative to established KPIs. Suggests improvements to operations personnel and/or design engineers.
• Writes and submits reports to the OMD and other function leaders in all matters relative to the O&M program.
• Assists in the development and implementation of all O&M service requirements, standards, strategies, policies, plans and processes/procedures developed over the life of the project. Prepares or assists in the preparation of O&M manuals.
• Adheres to the fiscal constraints established by and within the O&M department operating budget.
• Oversees the work of consultants, contractors, operators and other associated service providers within the O&M program. Provides guidance and direction on projects and assignments as necessary to ensure their successful completion.
• Adopts behaviors that are in line with and promote the organization culture and vision.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and standards on a local, regional and national level. Ensures compliance with corporate policies.
• Coordinates assigned projects and activities with pertinent external groups, such as regulatory agencies, stakeholders, utility providers, and the like, as necessary. Provides technical consultation to QIC and XDS teams as needed.
• Develops and leads operator and operations management training programs relative to the various assets within the QIC portfolio.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with coworkers, staff, vendors, contractors, and all others contacted during work. Communicates effectively, both written and verbally, with supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
• Reviews concepts, plans, designs, and specifications of assets under development and offers suggestions to improve their eventual operability and serviceability.
• Makes field visits to active construction sites to assess assets under development and ensure that O&M considerations have been properly accounted for. Particular attention is to be given to field changes and change orders that may impact the intended operability and serviceability of the assets.
• Maintains technical skills at the highest level and remains informed of the latest developments and BMPs in the O&M field.
• Performs other duties as required
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Minimum 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline with extensive years of related work experience. Professional Engineering License desired by not required.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) and/or Certified Facility Manager (CFM) desired but not required.
• Proven experience in the operations and maintenance field over a broad variety of asset types.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and efficient O&M technician with excellent communication, people and technical skills, and exemplary work ethics. In addition, the candidate should have;
• Understanding of various O&M and asset management functions.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
• Working knowledge of CAFM, EAMS, and CMMS platforms.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask on a variety of ongoing projects.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific discipline software.
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, and public speaking skills.
• Goal-oriented and results-driven.
• Strong focus on safety, quality, and improvement of processes.
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
• Must demonstrate the ability to effectively execute and manage complex tasks.