Jacobs Field Construction Manager (Oroville, CA) in Sacramento, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are seeking a Field Construction Manager at our Oroville, CA location. The Field Construction Manager will report to the Area Manager and will be responsible for assuring compliance with all approved submittals, specifications, standards, codes, and drawings. The candidate will also develop business opportunities in the region. This position requires good communication (both verbal and written) skills, good independent decision making capabilities, and a clear understanding of when issues need to get escalated to the Area Manager. This position also requires a familiarity with the MS Office software. Duties are as follows:
• Generates daily reports for construction activities
• Ensures compliance with the specifications, drawings and standards
• Act as the primary and/or secondary source of field Quality Assurance, and monitor the Contractors Quality Control processes and QC Inspection reporting and corrective actions
• Assures that the Work conforms to Construction Documents, and initiates action to prevent, stop or correct any quality control deficiencies, defective work, or deficient QC reports
• Conducts spot surveillance of all craft disciplines (civil, structural, mechanical, and / or electrical) to assure high quality standards of workmanship are maintained
• Interacts closely with the Contractors personnel to resolve issues
• Provide interface with third party QA check testing activities, and relay findings to the Contractor
• Ensures the development and maintenance of As-Built drawing records
• Generates Safe Plans of Action and Safety Observation Reports, A strong sense and awareness of safety is required
• Performs quantity calculations for payment purposes
• Provides input for contract change orders, submittal responses, and RFI responses
• Occasional shifting of schedule to accommodate construction schedule
• 10+ years of Field Quality Assurance/Control experience is desired
• A BS degree in an engineering discipline is desirable but not required
• Must be comfortable working at a construction site with the following conditions:
o Working outdoors 4-8 hours a day
o Walking on rebar mats
o Entering confined spaces
Familiar with confined space equipment & procedures
Entry into manholes, trenches, pipelines, and concrete wall forms
o Walking on uneven surfaces (soil, import materials)
o Climbing into and out of pipe and manhole excavations, normal access via ladder
o Working from elevate surfaces requiring use of fall protection equipment and understanding of OSHA requirements for fall protection. Must be comfortable working from manlifts
o Be able to work around welding (plastic & metal)
o Working above new structures filled with water, including wastewater in various stages of treatment
o Potential exposure and working around equipment handling various chemicals including multiple forms of chlorine, sulfates, acids, bases, petroleum products and other chemicals used in construction
o Potential exposure to various biological agents used in the water treatment process
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Ideally you'll have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Manager, and/or Engineering preferred
• At least 15 years of Construction projects worked on
• Ideal candidate would be willing to travel and work in the Oroville, CA area
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.