Jacobs Project Controls Professional -- Remote in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We’re seeking a Project Controls Professional in Greenville, SC, to be part of a team of professionals who have a comprehensive understanding of Project Controls principles, theories, concepts, current industry practices, and standards. The best part is you can live anywhere within the U.S. to support our team successfully, and ideally, you’ll live in the South East Region. You’ll be key in setting up, monitoring, and forecasting all elements on the project with a focus on scheduling. You'll be responsible for collaborating within the team to develop and build project schedules using Interactive Planning sessions. You'll status the scheduled activities, perform critical path analysis, integrate change notices with known impacts, and provide recommendations to the project team, which will help drive us to successful project delivery. You'll also be responsible for resourcing load the schedule to determine peak staffing needs within Engineering and Construction and be responsible for all cost elements of the project, including scope changes, inputting or updating budget information, expenditure information, and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s). We’ll lean on you to prepare and analyze revenue and cost for home office professional services, and on smaller projects, this would also include recommending corrective actions to the project manager. We'll also tap into your expertise as you meet commitments made to the client, individually or as a team, to complete work by certain dates or within agreed effort hours or cost budgets.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world together.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to act as a champion for our TogetherBeyond culture of caring at Jacobs. TogetherBeyond is our approach to living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science in Construction, Engineering, or another related field.
• Minimum 15 years of demonstrated history of Project Control professional experience in some or most of the following markets: consumer products, pulp & paper, foundry, grains, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical processing, electric vehicles, & data centers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, P6 and Microsoft Project.
• Proven experience with Project Controls principles and methods including, but not limited to: Budgeting and Forecasting, Change Ownership Systems / Procedures, Work Breakdown Structures, Earned Value Systems, Contingency, Schedule Planning, development, updating, and resource loading.
• Ability to effectively communicate with project management, other project leads, and the client.
• Ability to identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management.
• Thorough planning and organizational skills.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Ability to perform presentations to Jacobs management team.
• Experience in Eco-Sys.
• Experience in Acumen Fuse and Acumen Risk.
• Willingness to take on Site assignments when needed.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.