Jacobs Construction Project Engineer in San Francisco, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We're looking for a Construction Project Engineer in San Mateo, CA who is excited about working on projects that contribute to improving our environment. Join our construction management team and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state-of-the-art environmental and industrial facilities. You’ll assist in safely delivering complex projects on time and within budget. You’ll be surrounded by expert mentorship opportunities to help you thrive in your career.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Discipline
• At least 3 years of experience working on construction management assignments
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• EIT or Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) CMIT certification
• Experience and knowledge of wastewater treatment, including associated process equipment and piping systems
• Experience with alternate construction delivery methods, including construction management at risk (CMAR)
• Ability to monitor and evaluate project costs
• Ability to review Contractor’s monthly progress payments
• Knowledge of construction CPM scheduling
• Ability to monitor construction schedule updates
• Cost estimating experience
• Ability to negotiate and prepare construction contract change orders
• Ability to draft outgoing correspondence
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Ability to work with plant operations and maintenance staff to coordinate construction activities with ongoing plant operations
• Ability to assist with analyzing construction change order requests and disputes
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.