Jacobs Senior Construction Inspector in San Francisco, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We're looking for a Senior Construction Inspector to be based in the San Mateo, CA area who is excited about working on projects supporting our clients’ business and business practices. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on construction projects including the San Mateo Clean Water Program, roads, rapid transit, bridges, as well as industrial and commercial facilities. You’ll be accountable for working with contractors and subcontractors to ensure quality compliance, reviewing plans and specifications, construction record-keeping and traffic control inspection. You’ll also provide on-site monitoring and visually inspecting material at receipt and installation, as well as coordinate Third Party Testing Agency testing and sampling. Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• High School Diploma or equivalent certified technical training required
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in construction inspection for heavy civil projects with a strong background in reinforced concrete structures, structural steel, roadways, and other related structures.
• Knowledge of construction including material, methods, plans and specifications, and associated safety requirements
• Perform calculations using algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
• Able and willing to work day shift with occasional flexible schedules including weekends as required to support the project requirements
• Ability to pass Drug and Alcohol Test
• Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
• Able to work with personal computers and applicable programs
• Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
• Promotes and maintains a safe working environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience inspecting water or wastewater treatment facilities, particularly water-bearing structures
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• ACI certification (or equal) as a concrete construction special inspector
• ICC certification (or equal) as a structural steel special inspector
• Ability to work effectively on a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passion for construction of infrastructure and building projects
• Completion of OSHA 10-hour safety training class
• First Aid Card
• Ability to perform basic math calculations required for material quantity/quality verification
• Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.