Jacobs Senior Environmental Technologist in San Jose, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve our tomorrow. Jacobs is looking for a Senior Environmental Technologist to lead environmental projects, regulatory strategy, compliance, air quality, storm water, Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC), and environmental health & safety (EHS), and permitting.
Based out of one of our Northern California offices (San Jose, Oakland or San Francisco), you’ll develop and implement innovative environmental compliance and management solutions for our clients. As a key member of our EHS team, you’ll guide multi-discipline teams to support environmental compliance projects for our clients. You’ll also have a chance to mentor other professionals, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward. You’ll make an impact, as you navigate the delivery of projects involving environmental strategy development, compliance assurance strategies and design of associated work processes. Bring your expertise in environmental compliance, and we’ll empower you to deliver the boldest solutions for our clients.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering or other related field from a Unites States (U.S.) accredited college or university
• Regulatory compliance experience in a consulting environment
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of California
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Experience implementing and interpreting federal/state environmental regulations, with emphasis on California regulations and requirements • Experience with development and implementation of multimedia environmental compliance, facility response plans (FRPs), environmental management systems (EMS) audits, and/or stormwater programs
• Experience mentoring and leading junior staff
• Experience working directly with clients and state and local regulatory agencies
• US citizenship required
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Experience with EHS Information Management Systems such as Sphera Essential Suite, Enviance, Cority, Enablon, Intelex, SAP EHS, Gensuite or others
• Experience implementing and interpreting California Air Resources Board (CARB), Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD), Monterey Bay Air Resource District, and South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) regulations and requirements
• Experience with hazardous waste permitting, storage, and disposal requirements, including waste discharge permits within California
• Experience with the development and implementation of Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans • Additional relevant certification such as Certified Erosion, Sediment and Stormwater Inspectors (CESSWI), Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), Certified Professional in Storm Water Quality (CPSWQ) and/or Industrial Stormwater Practitioner (QISP)
• Experience with the California Stormwater Multiple Application and Report Tracking System (SMARTS)
• Current Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP) and/or Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD) Certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
• Familiarity with the California Stormwater Construction General Permit and California Stormwater Quality Association (CASQA) Construction Handbook
• Experience building new relationships; building networks with client organizations; participating in technical seminars and conferences including delivery of technical presentations
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field from a U.S. accredited college or university
• Experience working with Department of Defense, Aerospace, and Utility clients • ISO 14001 Lead Auditor certification
• Certified aboveground storage tank inspector
• Certified environmental auditor
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.