Jacobs GIS Analyst - Remote in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a GIS Analyst, you will have the chance to work on a broad range of consulting projects with a focus on supporting our global client base. Working with other members of our team, you’ll help deliver complex technical projects while applying GIS technology. You will leverage your strong geospatial skills and collaborate with experts in various disciplines. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team, and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Jacobs is a leading technology services company, and geospatial technology plays a vital role in how we deliver these services to our clients. We welcome applicants who are passionate about GIS technology, data integrity, and providing a foundation for data driven decision making.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• B.S. or M.S./M.A. in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, or directly-related discipline with 2-5 years of experience.
• Have significant demonstrated experience with the Esri suite of software, including: Desktop : ArcPro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog.
Web : Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder.
Peripheral Apps : Collector, Survey123. GPS Hardware: Eos, Trimble
• Strong data management skills including creating, editing in a multi-user environment, and GIS data conversion.
• Strong cartographic design standards to make our products look great for both print and web-based solutions.
• Strong understanding of map projections and data transformations
Experience setting up field teams for mobile data collection using Collector, Survey123 and GPS equipment.
• Experience creating, publishing, and managing map services.
• Experience with Python, FME a plus.
• Travel – 10%
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.