Jacobs Water Treatment Plant Maintenance Manager - San Marcos, CA in San Marcos, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
Jacobs is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team in San Marcos, CA at the Twin Oaks Valley Water Treatment Plant. As the Maintenance Manager you'll work with project staff to lead daily maintenance activities as well as establish maintenance systems and tools to provide superior client service and technical support to the facility. Working with other members of our team you’ll provide direct supervision leading a maintenance team in planning, scheduling, inventory control, asset management and supervise all preventive and corrective maintenance of the water treatment plant facilities. You'll be called upon to take a team of talented mechanics, electricians, instrument techs and trainees and develop them into a high functioning team. You'll also: prepare estimates of cost and time for all aspects of maintenance, repair and construction work; read, interpret, and work from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, specifications, and mechanical illustrations; and develop, implement, and enforce safety regulations and procedures.
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management projects, together.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase discounted company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
#bia #omfs #ourjacobs
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Three (3) to six (6) years of experience in a utilities or industrial maintenance environment, two (2) of which must have been at a supervisory level with 3 or more direct reports
· Experience developing and improving the PM, PdM and CM programs.
· Experience assisting in Capital Improvement program development and implementation.
· Experience in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) systems
· Experience with Planning, Scheduling, Inventory Control, and writing standard operating procedures
· Experience with managing subcontractors, writing scopes of work and following procurement procedures
· Experience developing and working within an approved budget. Specifically tracking costs, adjusting activities to stay on budget, and optimizing labor and materials
· Experience working on pumps, motors and equipment, controls and experience using tools and materials used in maintaining and repairing a variety of equipment
· Ability to Diagnose malfunctions and determine effective courses of action for correcting them
· Ability to perform manual labor in the field when needed as follows: must be able to lift 40 pounds from floor level to waist high; items lifted are often bulky and difficult to handle; must be able to climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold; must be able to ascend and descend 1,000 steps per day (8-hour shift); must be able to work in tight places; and must have flexibility to reach, stoop, and bend to work on equipment
· Ability to provide training to less experienced staff
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Valid driver’s license with no major infractions
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Experience in the maintenance of water or wastewater facilities, familiar with NPDES permits, air discharge permits
· Experience supporting Asset Management principles: service level agreements, triple bottom line (financial, social, environmental), supporting asset management principles
· Experience with implementing a Safety Program: Job Hazard Analysis, Safety Protocol, PPE, Standard Operating Procedures, Documentation
· Familiar reading and interpreting information in technical drawings, contract documents, electrical one-line diagrams, P&ID’s (Process and Instrumentation Diagram/Drawing), Process diagrams
· Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, strong technical problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of an effective mechanical, structural, and grounds preventive maintenance program and operations of internal combustion engines and electrical pump motors
· Basic electrical knowledge involved in working on pumps, motors, and other equipment; equipment, tools, and materials used in maintaining and repairing wastewater treatment plant and related equipment
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity
· Ability to travel/walk to job sites to develop work plans with technicians and management
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.