Jacobs Sr. Construction Manager-Transportation in Sandy Springs, Georgia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Senior Construction Manager will serve as a project manager/resident engineer and will have responsibility for management and contract performance across multiple disciplines or projects. The Construction Manager has responsibility for safety, technical, contractual, budget and schedule activities on small to medium transit and/or highway and bridge projects. The successful candidate will be a seller-doer, self-starter, an excellent communicator and presenter, and have proven experience performing the duties below.
• Serve as Project Manager for key roadway construction programs / projects including interchanges.
• Develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity
• Provide technical expertise to provide recommendations to keep projects on time and budget
• Assure effective utilization of engineering and inspection personnel to verify quality project delivery
• Support general business development, while ensuring client care and feedback to maintain high quality performance is met
• Coordinate with the overall CM/CEI strategy and assist other PMs in their pursuits
• Staff resource plan
• Other duties as assigned
Onsite responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Manage projects in compliance with DOT Construction Manual and other related requirements
• Ensure compliance with design plans and specifications and permit requirements
• Manage QA construction inspection methods, current construction techniques, construction materials, safety protocols, and applicable/related regulations.
• Negotiate contract change orders
• Document contractor progress, maintain accurate quantity records, process payment requests, generate punch lists, and certify completion status
• Document site activities accurately by maintaining accurate and current field books, construction reports, and as-built record drawings
• Coordinate with State and City personnel, client, contractor, and project stakeholders during course of the project
• Coordinate with materials testing, source inspection, and survey firms as required per project
• Advocate for site safety and coordinate with public for safety awareness
• Monitor and track additional work, change order work, or force account work
• Monitor progress schedule and monthly updates
• Review Submittals and RFI’s
• Resolve complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
• Ability to manage team of inspectors and subconsultants
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Georgia Professional Engineer (PE) license highly desired
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer, Construction Management or any other Engineering degree is required.
• At least 15 years of experience as a Construction Manager/Resident Engineer/Engineering Manager
• GDOT highway and structures experience is preferred
• Strong working knowledge of pre-construction and construction management on medium and complex infrastructure projects including freeway widening, grade separations, utility relocations, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is a plus
• Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required
• Ability to walk construction site, including walking up and down slopes
• Ability to effectively follow instructions and deal effectively with contractors and public
• Ability to read and interpret roadway, structure, and bridge plans and specifications
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.