Jacobs System Administrator - Intermediate in Scott AFB, Illinois
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs ISG provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
Junior System Administrator is responsible for:
• Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving incidents within defined timelines
• Develop long-term requirements for systems operations included in information systems planning
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer systems related to the Customer’s information system tools
• Implement enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the information systems
• Install, configure, and maintain servers, including Apache web servers, in support of business requirements
• Must be able to respond to hardware/software problems within 15 minutes of initial report during normal business hours and be on call after duty hours with a two (2) hour response time
• Will document trouble shooting and resolution actions within ticket system
• Monitor, maintain, and optimize operating systems, applications, and vendor specific software supporting the servers and peripheral equipment
• Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
• Schedule installations, upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
• Ensure server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
• Support media management through Asset Management
• Develop and promote standard operating procedures
• Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established Government standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
The selected candidate must have the following:
• Experience with Microsoft Windows servers
• Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining both physical, virtual servers and virtual box
• The ability to support 24-hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification
• The ability to support roughly 3 contingency/emergency/exercise periods per year
• An IAT Level II certification is required.
• Secret level DoD Security Clearance
Ideally the selected candidate should have experience with some of the following:
• UNIX Scripting
• Microfocus Silk Performer
• Oracle DB
• Solaris Operating Systems
Some travel is expected for this role and is estimated at 10-15%.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
This position requires a Bachelors degree and 3 years’ experience or Associates degree and 5 years of experience.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one-hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%). Must be able to support 24-hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification and roughly 3 contingency/emergency/exercise periods per year.
Some travel is expected for this role and is estimated at 10-15%.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. An IAT Level II certification is required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.