Jacobs Construction Manager/Resident Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our clients include but are not limited to highway authorities, aviation, rail/transit entities, tollway authorities, land developers, energy providers and water departments.
Whether it’s for cleaning water, hosting businesses, or connecting our world, solutions are continuously being implemented. What we do is more than construction; we play a part in moving a vision from concept to reality. We work every day to create the spaces people live in and the infrastructure to improve their lives.
You will have the chance to work within our Project Management and Construction Management business in the Northwest, based in Seattle, WA. This will utilize your Construction Management and/or Resident Engineer expertise to win projects and lead teams in a safe and efficient delivery – from start to finish. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living.
The Construction Manager/Resident Engineer has responsibility for safety, technical, contractual, budget and schedule activities on medium to large aviation/transit projects. The CM/RE may have responsibility for management and contract performance across multiple disciplines or projects. The successful candidate will be a seller -doer, self-starter, an excellent communicator and presenter, and have proven experience performing the duties below:
• Serving as Construction Manager/Resident Engineer on large/medium sized construction projects
• Have experience in leading project teams across all aspects of project delivery
• Working as an owner’s rep PM managing A/E Design and Construction Services and facilitating Design Reviews or experience as a Resident Engineer
• Working on vertical building renovations in a 24/7 operating environment
• Supervising project staff including, Assistant Resident Engineers, Office Engineers, Inspectors, Project Control staff and others
• Monitoring project budgets, financial commitments and expenditures
• Supervising project personnel and assign duties to them and as needed
• Interacting with client staff
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• 15+ years of experience as a Project Manager, Construction Manager and/or Resident Engineer
• Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship
• Experience with vertical building renovations in a 24/7 operating environment
• Willingness to co-locate at a project office in the greater Puget Sound region
• Airport terminal experience
Ideally You Will Also Have:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering or another related field
• Professional Engineer (PE) license or other professional qualification
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.