Jacobs Lead Commissioning Engineer in Sellafield, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
The Lead Commissioning Engineer reports to the Area Commissioning Team Leader. The Lead Commissioning Engineer will have Commissioning Engineers and Technicians reporting to them.
The Lead Commissioning Engineer is responsible for:
• Ensuring Safety is the highest priority on the project with a continued strive towards Zero Harm. He ensures that he is a role model for all aspects of safety, ensuring a proactive approach to nuclear, radiological, conventional and environmental safety
• Leading a team of commissioning Engineers and Technicians
• Leading all testing activities throughout all stages of commissioning
• Supervising the production of commissioning test documentation
• Supervising and organising of Commissioning Technicians and support resources
• Supervising the initiation and implementation of FOBs and TQs
• Liaising with the regulatory compliance representatives to ensure witnessing of commissioning activities is expedited
• Recording and management of Temporary Commissioning Aids
• Recording of supporting data in accordance with test requirements
• Ability to utilise completions management systems to manage commissioning activities, and handovers from construction to commissioning and commissioning to client
• Ability to schedule work and to manage work against a project schedule
• Ability to take part in multi discipline design reviews and work with the engineering team
• Actively drives continuous improvement within the commissioning process
• Actively drives progress to meet schedule deadlines
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Time served or equivalent in an engineering discipline e.g. piping or electrical discipline
• Preference for HNC or equivalent or route to achieve the qualification
• 8 years project commissioning experience
• The ability to obtain BPSS, P4 pass and achieve any other client security requirements is essential
• Go Completions
• Microsoft suite
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.