Jacobs Site Facilities Manager in Sellafield, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
The BEP project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants,
The project is executed from a number of locations. The work may also require liaison with the teams in all these offices.
The work will be carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the BEP project.
Job Description / Role
• To manage a range of building and general support services within the Facilities Department, to plan and programme office rearrangements and to ensure a safe working environment within the area of responsibility.
• Manage/supervise building and general services maintenance and provide regular feedback on current work to the Logistics Manager.
• Building management for 300+ personnel and 200+ white collar
• Manage/supervise contract security services and ensure all security incidents are reported to the appropriate in line Management. Liason with Sellafield Contractor Control room, site emergency arrangements and mustering.
• Carry out risk assessments whenever required and issue permits to work within own area of responsibility.
• Plan office rearrangements in conjunction with the appropriate management, maintain all current floor plans and modify where required.
• Work as part of the Facilities Department team in providing a flexible service and be available whenever possible for silent hours emergencies.
• Work within budgets and provide budgetary information to the Logistics Manager when required.
• Comply with all current Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and report any breaches via the appropriate reporting routes. Responsible for fire risk assessments, legionella risk assessments and oversight of contractors to support Fire and Water systems
• Provide and maintain office furniture as required and keep Logistics Manager informed of requirements for new items.
• Manage/supervise contractors/labour to ensure effective use of time and resources.
• It will be the responsibility of the Facilities Lead to enforce a clear desk policy which will be vital for ensuring desk spaces are used to their maximum potential and for security reasons.
• Manage all suppliers/contractors including reactive maintenance contractors and service contractors etc to ensure compliance with H&S regulations and agreed KPIs.
• Physical office and construction site security, Interface between BEP Security Manager and SL site office
• Line management of the full time BEP COVID champions, each with a role of ensuring COVID compliance in the work force.
• On site lead for the BEP Time Validation System
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Formal qualifications/experience in a discipline appropriate to the role.
• Full knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental practices, and relevant H&S legislation
• Sound knowledge of commercial procedures relating to specification, competitive quotation and supply
• Ability to supervise and manage the work of subordinate staff, including contract staff
• Understands and works to commercial procedures for purchasing, tenders/quotations and monitoring of contractors to provide fully auditable records
• Good general understanding of costs and market rates in all areas of responsibility
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Experience of working with/managing outsourced catering operations
• IT literate with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programmes (especially Excel)
• Exceptional Customer Service skills
• The ability to obtain Basic Clearance is essential for continuance in the role.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.