Jacobs Aerospace Logistics Manager in Severn, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With approximately $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. This position is for the Chief Logistician of the Innovative Aerospace Division (IAD) of Rapid Solutions, an operating unit of Critical Mission Solutions AERO. IAD is a $50M/year -140-person business mainly known for building, integrating and testing airborne and space intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) multi-function RF systems for the intel and defense market.
Jacobs is currently seeking an experienced Logistics Program Manager (PM) to lead a multi-disciplinary team of engineering personnel tasked with developing, managing, advancing AESA production programs. In close collaboration with the both the customer and engineering personnel within our organization, the PM oversees the coordination and administration of all cost, schedule, and performance aspects of this program, including planning, organizing, leading, controlling & monitoring, and stakeholder communications. The successful PM must be comfortable operating within an enterprise of stakeholders. He/she must have outstanding organizational and communications skills to keep multiple groups coordinated and keep the customers properly informed.
• Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work
• Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers
• Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements
• Reviews and understands contracts and service agreements and ensures project compliance with such governing documents
• Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution
• Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project
• Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans
• Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes
Here’s What You’ll Need:
What You Need for this Position:
• Bachelor's Degree and over 6 years of relevant experience or Masters’ Degree and over 4 years of relevant leadership experience
• 4+ years of operational or developmental radar experience
• Multi-tasking, attention to detail, critical decision making
• Works independently and as part of a larger Team
• Excellent writing, briefing, and Interpersonal skills
• Experience reducing Operating and Support (O&S) costs
• Must be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including Project
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (Minimum Secret- TS/ SCI preferred). Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
• U.S. Citizenship (Required)
• Favorable Criminal History Check
• Education Verification
• Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
• Credit Check
• Subject Interview
• Program management experience working with DoD programs
• 10+ years of program management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or scientific field
• TS/SCI Clearance within 2 years
• Experience with Government Procurement system (i.e. Deltek, Peoplesoft, Costpoint).
• Effective communication oral and written skills, able to deliver executive level briefs and reports
• Robust experience and familiarity producing products utilizing the Microsoft Office Products suite
• Up to 10% travel
Location(s): Severn MD or Herndon VA
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.