Jacobs FPGA Developer in Severn, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
We ares earching for a highly motivated and technically competent electrical engineer to join a close-knit radar systems development team that has developed and fielded novel and innovative high-resolution ground-based, airborne, and orbital radar systems. We have the corporate investment, infrastructure, subject matter experts, and strategic focus to enable you to be successful.
(1) performing electrical engineering work in analysis, design, development, running simulations, prototyping hardware, evaluation, planning, testing and operations;
(2) working with the end customer and/or systems engineers to gather requirements and convert them to engineering specifications; and
(3) trouble shooting and repair the system hardware and software during real-time collection operations.
This individual will work on small project teams to conceive, analyze, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain real-time H/W-based solutions for modern Radar systems.
Implementation includes Radar/DSP algorithm development, hardware integration, test development and deployment.
• Design and develop firmware for digital and mixed-signal subsystems for next-generation RF instruments, from conceptual design through detailed design and fabrication.
• Focus on rapid prototyping and development for sensors, radios, and on-board processing systems.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent field of discipline.
• 5+ years’ experience in FPGA Development, Embedded Firmware, and/or Electrical Hardware Design
• Experience designing and developing firmware for sensor or communication systems.
• Experience with Digital Signals Processing
• Experience with rapid prototyping using development kits.
• Experience developing test hardware and ground test experiment.
• Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering or other equivalent field of discipline.
• 5-10+ years of experience in practical system development and deployment.
• Working knowledge of C, C++, python or similar high-level language on Linux.
• Working knowledge of developing and implementing real-time DEMOD algorithms for modern modulation schemes (e.g. n-FSK, QPSK, SQPSK, QAM-x, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Multirate DSP techniques.
• Working knowledge of MATLAB.
• Experience with Schematic Capture and Layout in Altium
• Current security clearance.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
Must be willing to travel as needed.
Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
Must be a US citizen.
Must be able obtain and maintain a security clearance - Clearable up to TS/SCI (Minimum SECRET).
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
-U.S. Citizenship (Required)
-Favorable Criminal History Check
-Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
Locations: Severn, MD and Beavercreek, OH
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.