Jacobs Junior Mechanical Engineer in Severn, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
If you are a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer who enjoys a challenging and dynamic environment where your contributions to a small team are both critical and valued, our company will provide you the tools and opportunity to flourish (and have fun while you’re at it).
This is an entry level technical role to research, design, develop, analyze, and test a variety of mechanical/aeronautical/astronautical systems for the military aerospace industry. The successful candidate would focus on mechanical design, structural analysis, thermal analysis, packaging considerations, ISR systems integration, aerodynamics, CFD, composite materials, airworthiness, manufacturing readiness, and flight testing with consultation from other engineering disciplines.
The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering group is a high performing team with a breadth of experience in mechanical design, electronics manufacturing, electronics packaging, structural, and thermal analysis. The entry level mechanical engineer will perform the following:
• Design and analysis of mechanical components and assemblies for airborne and space-based systems.
• Select materials, structures, hardware suitable for application in the payload.
• Develop and conduct testing to validate engineering analysis models.
• Convert vehicle operation envelop definition and customer requests into payload and component requirements
• 3D CAD (SolidWorks) design and drafting of mechanical/electrical components and assemblies
• Performing vendor research, selection, and interface
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering (or similar).
• Understanding of the fundamental principles for performing mechanical design and analysis including structural, thermal, or vibration.
• Familiarity with and ability to use and manipulate technical drawings in mechanical CAD tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, and Autodesk.
• Ability to work across mechanical, aeronautical, astronautical, electrical, and materials engineering disciplines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
• Works well as a part of a team.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills including a passionate and can-do attitude.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Basic machine shop and small part fabrication experience
• Composite and/or Aluminum design and/or fabrication experience
• Proficient with analysis tools including Ansys or Solidworks
• Proficient with the computational solver software package MATLAB
• 1-3 years aerospace or ground vehicle experience (dynamic systems)
Clearance: Must be able obtain and maintain a security clearance (minimum SECRET).
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
-U.S. Citizenship (Required)
-Favorable Criminal History Check
-Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.