Jacobs Midlevel Electrical Engineer in Severn, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Do you like to think outside the box? Are you looking to work on "bleeding edge" technology? If so, then Jacobs has a great opportunity for you in the Innovative Aerospace Division (IAD). We are searching for a highly motivated and technically competent electrical engineer to join a close-knit radar systems development team that has developed and fielded novel and innovative high-resolution ground-based, airborne, and orbital radar systems.
Duties include: (1) performing electrical engineering work in analysis, design, development, running simulations, prototyping hardware, evaluation, planning, testing and operations; and (2) working with the end customer and/or systems engineers to gather requirements and convert them to engineering specifications; and (3) trouble shooting and repair the system hardware and software during real-time collection operations.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Hands-on electronics design and debugging experience.
• FPGA development experience using Xilinx, Vivado or similar tools
• Ability to support development from concept to detailed design to implementation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good organizational skills e.g. configuration management, documentation of design
• Bachelor's (or equivalent) 6+ years of experience, or a Master's (preferred) with 4+ years of experience.
• Software Development in C/C++, especially for embedded systems.
• Experience with Altium schematic capture and layout.
• Data analysis using MATLAB or similar tools.
• Strong documentation capabilities (plans, procedures, manuals, etc.)
• Experience working with Radar Systems.
• Experience working with hardware and software for Space Applications
• Bachelor's (or equivalent) 10+ years of experience, or a Master's (preferred) with 8+ years of experience.
Location: Severn, MD
Degree: Bachelors or MS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Clearance: Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI). Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.