Jacobs Senior RF Engineer in Severn, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
We are the Innovative Aerospace Division, a quickly growing business within the Rapid Solutions Sector of Jacobs. We lead the design and development of next generation air, ground processing, and space payloads. We have the corporate investment, infrastructure, subject matter experts, and strategic focus to enable you to be successful.
We are looking for Sr. RF Engineers to work with DoD/IC customers, and our Rapid Solutions team, to design, build, and test RF/Microwave systems & subsystems that will be used in systems ranging from Ground to Space. Successful candidates will have knowledge RF product design from concept through test. Our Senior RF Engineers work to turn paper designs into reality.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Strong background with designs such as Receiver/Exciters, RF Arrays, or Radar subsystems
• Ability to derive lower level specs from system performance requirements
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional design teams for RF systems and subsystems.
• Expert knowledge in at least one RF design area such as passive designs, LNAs, PAs, Mutli-Chip Modules, or Low Phase Noise Oscillators
• Previous usage of microwave simulators utilizing 3D or 2.5D solvers such as Momentum and CST
• Circuit design utilizing industry standard RF software (Genesys, MWO, or ADS)
• Ability to bring new ideas & concepts to the Team and the Customer
• Design experience with systems ranging from HF to Ku Band
• Ability to mentor junior engineers
• Experience with Altium schematic capture and layout
• Experience in working with Microwave Receiver/Exciter chains
• Bachelors degree with 10+ years of RF/Microwave design
Clearance: Minimum Secret Preferred with ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
-U.S. Citizenship (Required)
-Favorable Criminal History Check
-Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.