Jacobs Systems Engineering Integration and Test Manager in Severn, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Systems Engineering Integration and Test Manager
We are seeking a Systems Engineering Integration and Test Manager to join our team! Our growing division focuses on rapid deployment of radar payloads for space and airborne applications. The small company atmosphere with big company resources provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your engineering skills on the most challenging problems while also expanding your skills and advancing your career. If you are a highly motivated engineer who enjoys a challenging and dynamic environment where your contributions are both critical and valued, this company will provide you the tools and opportunity to flourish and have some fun while you are at it.
Candidate would have a lead performer role in Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) for a variety of space and airborne payloads. Candidate coordinates activities involving requirements development, system design, manufacturing engineering, space payloads, and airborne sensors. Candidate would also have the responsibility of managing resources, developing/improving engineering processes, organizing training, hiring of new staff, and supervising members of the group.
It is expected that this role is approximately 85% technical and 15% managerial with the initial focus on Systems Engineering rather than Integration and Test.
Manages and directs SEIT engineering group resources and activities. Develops and recommends engineering processes and procedures consistent with company objectives. Manages group’s assets, hardware and software, and any of the other related programs or systems within the SEIT group. Communicates with company personnel on projects, priorities, timetables and budgets as required. Interacts with customers and/or vendors. Develops short term and long-term goals for the SEIT group.
Supervises and mentors experienced professionals, several of whom exercise significant latitude and independence. Determines candidates for employment/termination, conducts performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff.
The SEIT engineering manager will oversee a group that performs the following:
• Develop systems engineering plans working with a wide range of engineering disciplines.
• Manage requirements over the program lifecycle – including requirement elicitation, architecture, definition, analysis, allocation, traceability, verification, and validation.
• Develop baseline system designs, Technical Performance Metrics, Key Performance Parameters, compliance matrices, and interface requirements.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Support requirements flow downs, error budgets, and analysis.
• Develop test strategies, verification plans, and test procedures.
• Develop engineering qualification plans for requirements verification and risk reduction utilizing a combination of engineering analysis and environmental testing.
• Participate in risk/opportunity management activities to plan, monitor, and control opportunities and risks.
• Work with partners, suppliers, and subcontractors, to include writing RFQs and SOWs.
• Assist in creating cost estimates for related activities.
• Ensure projects are properly staffed with SEIT staff according to their experience levels and specialties.
• Author, review, update, and execute test procedures to evaluate system quality and performance.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Current TS/SCI clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (or similar) with 15+ years of experience or a Masters’ degree with 10+ years of experience.
• 4+ years in a supervisory capacity.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional teams.
• Effective time management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to plan and execute multiple technical tasks concurrently.
• Experience with environment test methods, systems, and facilities.
• Experience developing strategies for continuous process improvement.
• Experience resolving qualification and production failures.
• Experience with Model-Based System Engineering and tools such as Cameo.
• Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS.
• Experience with Control Account Management and Earned Value Management Systems.
• Familiarity with open standards such as MOSA and OMS.
• Experience with space-based system analysis.
• Familiarity with electronics assembly processes.
• Experience with design for manufacturability.
• Familiar with test automation frameworks.
Clearance: Must be able obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
-U.S. Citizenship (Required)
-Favorable Criminal History Check
-Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
Location: Severn, MD
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.