Jacobs Systems Test Engineer in Severn, Maryland
Critical Mission Solutions
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
The Jacobs team is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and hardworking individual that takes ownership of their work, thrives on the opportunity to take on challenges, and takes pride in their accomplishments.
Description: This is a challenging and rewarding position with a mission to support the development and test of a space-based RF system; specifically, to develop and support the architecture of various test fixtures, automated test systems, methods, calibration, configuration management, and equipment for the test and verification of hardware and system requirements. A successful professional in this role as a systems test engineer: Designs, develops, and implements testing methods, procedures, and equipment; Applies innovative automation functionality anywhere that is applicable; Ensures the operation, and evolution of the test systems; Ensures that all tests and associated equipment are current in the configuration management system; Collaborates with system design engineers and manufacturing; Captures all of the reporting on the test activity and tracks test metrics; Monitors for continual test process improvement through various analysis methods.
• Understand hardware and system requirements and develop test fixtures for those requirements
• Work with RF technologies and (COTS) commercial off-the-shelf components
• Write scripts and apply automation techniques for a variety of test scenarios
• Generate test plans and procedures based on schematics and component specifications
• Create system and module level block diagrams
• Develop test process flows and generate test plan documentation
• Develop robust test methods, ensuring a quality product, and generate test procedures documentation
• Investigate failure root causes and recommend actions to enhance the system and equipment reliability
• Generate data collection procedures, execute data collection, and provide reports to design engineers and management.
• Document all work clearly and use configuration management tools to track work
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Test Equipment knowledge- Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, DMM’s, Network Analyzer, Signal Generators
• Understanding of Digital components (Microcontrollers, FPGA’s, SoC, translators, etc..) and analog components (passive circuits, power supplies, filters, etc..) function and component test methods
• Ability to generate test plans and specifications from circuit designs and component specifications
• Understanding of digital and analog design principles and testing
• Experience with Configuration Management tools and/or practices
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance (not required for present role)
• Effective time management and prioritization skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office software products
• Good problem-solving and debugging skills
• Automated test generation is a plus: LabWindows, LabVIEW, Python, TCL, Bash, or other scripting languages, desired.
• Design familiarity to MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, DO-160 with testing and troubleshooting skills
• Design for test and manufacturability
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Git
• Design and testing experience with USB 3.0, SATAIII, Gigabit Ethernet.
• Basic computer hardware knowledge, including networking
Standing, sitting for periods of time. Ability to lift 8 lbs without assistance.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment as well as lab test equipment (Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, DMM’s, Network Analyzer, Signal Generators).
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
• Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
• Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
• Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
• Must be willing to travel as needed. However, travel is typically less than two weeks total split across the year.
• Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
• Must be a US citizen.
Clearance: Must be able obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
• U.S. Citizenship (Required)
• Favorable Criminal History Check
• Education Verification
• Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
• Credit Check
• Subject Interview
Location: Severn, MD
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.