Jacobs Process Engineer in Shanghai Shi, China
1. Carry out responsibilities of Project Process Leader/Area Leader as assigned, in accordance with the requirement of this position in the project.
2. Prepare a list of deliverables originating from the process group and a list of process review activities.The list of deliverables will include process drawings, specifications, process philosophy documents, utility and effluent summaries and study reports if need. The list of review activities will include a review of basic engineering design data, flow sheets, requisitions, vendor quotations and final data, model reviews, safety reviews and mechanical design review. The list will be used by the Project Control Group to monitor process design progress.
3. Prepare and issue the Process Co-ordination Procedure for the contract. This document should be issued very early in the contract execution stage and will require updating from time to time as more data becomes available and if there are changes to standards, procedures, schedules etc.
4. Familiarise him/herself and other assigned Process Engineers with the Contract Co-ordination Procedure to ensure that documentation is correctly addressed and distributed.
5. Review the relevant design standards of the client and / or process licensor with particular reference to those areas where the client / licensor standards supersede or supplement FW standards. The process standards to be used for the project should be referenced in the Process Co-ordination Procedure.
6. Standardise the format and units of measurement for the Process Specification sheets in accordance with the Client's requirements. Where the client has his own Specification sheets, these may be accepted for use on the contract. Otherwise FW data sheets are to be used.
7. Prepare and agree schedule of issue dates in Process Co-ordination Procedure for process data
8. Prepare monthly reports for the Project Manager showing any deviations from the schedule and determine percent progress for process design activities at the monthly cut off.
9. Initiate the process filing system including for computer based systems (using project filing numbers generally in accordance with Contract Execution Procedure) and allocate filing space.
10. Confirm the budget manhours with the Project Manager and allocate budgets to areas or process units in accordance with the work breakdown structure as appropriate.
11. Co-ordinate the interface activities of FW / Client and arrange meetings where necessary.
12. Allocate work to the Process Engineers assigned to the Contract, ensuring they have adequate documentation to define their work scope and responsibilities.
Establish procedure for checking of calculations and data sheets before issue outside the department.
13. Advise Project Manager of potential work scope changes and all contract changes.
14. Establish the documents and specifications which are to be reviewed by the client and establish with the Project Engineering Manager the procedure for client approval.
15. Ensure that the Process Design Standards specified for the Project enable assigned Process Engineers to perform the following process design activities.
16. Answer process queries from client and attend any client review meetings that require a process involvement.
17. Participate in quality audits of process engineering activities on the project.
1. Degree in Chemical Engineering with above 10 years experience in engineering Field of Refinery /Petrochemical/ Chemical/ Pharmaceutical plants.
2. Experience in working in the engineering team for FS, FEED, PMC, and EPCM in grassroots and revamp contracts and worked having worked as a lead. General knowledge and application of engineering procedures, specifications, standards.
3. Good coordination capability, capable to be process leader in project according to project specific requirement.
Primary Location China-China Countrywide-Shanghai Shi
Req ID: LIF000012