Jacobs Senior Geotechnical Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity. Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Our Transportation Department is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with the following responsibilities:
• Lead in the preparation of design documents but not limited to detailed design reports, calculations, drawings and construction sequence..etc.
• Prepare submissions to statutory agencies/ local authorities. • Lead in the coordination with other disciplines in preparation of design deliveries.
• Participate in meetings & visit project sites to understand project challenges and constraints.
• Participate in the tendering of projects. • Work with fellow consultants and external parties to facilitate the smooth progress of projects.
• Work effectively and cooperatively with others, establish and maintain good working relationships.
• Assume responsibilities and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Undertakes continuous learning and improvement, apply new skills, techniques, and methodologies.
• Learn to be knowledgeable with company’s functions, systems, processes and solutions.
• Assisting the design and documentation delivery processes of the business in Singapore and throughout the Asian Region.
• Providing guidance and mentorship to engineers. • Professional representation of the company during the course of business.
• Follow the policies and procedures of the company’s documented Quality System.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
Degree in Civil/ Geotechnical Engineering or similar, recognized by the Professional Engineers Board or qualification acceptable to the Commissioner of Building Control. A candidate with QP (Geo) would be an added advantage.
A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in geotechnical engineering with at least five (5) years of experience in construction supervision of geotechnical works in underground structure and tunnels related project
Experience in design of Earth Retaining Structures (ERSS), slope stability, deep excavation, settlement analysis, building impact assessment, instrumentation & monitoring, foundation, temporary, and permanent structures.
Competent and possess the skills, knowledge, and ability to carry out analysis and design works in Plaxis (2D and 3D) and Piglet.
Singapore local experience is essential. Familiar with authorities’ submission requirements for civil/infrastructure engineering projects.
Ability to work in multi-discipline teams in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner.
Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.