Jacobs Technical Director | Power Systems in South Brisbane, Australia
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs Power System Studies team is at the forefront of the energy transition supporting our key clients (developers, tier one energy companies, utilities, and asset owners) in their pursuit to reduce carbon emissions and reach NetZero. The Power Systems team partners with clients to aid their development or update of renewable energy assets, conduct feasibility studies, deliver detailed system studies along with asset management and future network planning.
This team forms part of the broader ANZ Jacobs Power group offering complete solutions in the power industry including substation, transmission line and protection design. The Group benefits from a broad range of international client relationships, long standing industry partnerships and an impressive management group passionate about Jacobs offering to the market. We are working closely with major companies and decision makers in the energy industry ensuring rapid and smooth transition to a sustainable future.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The role of Technical Director, Power Systems, is an essential component of Jacobs’ Power growth strategy whilst power systems are undergoing a rapid transition into renewable energy. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Operations and Sales to provide client focus and support, innovative solutions, nurture technical resources and evolve our technical practice to be future ready and aligned with our regional growth strategy.
We’re looking for a passionate person who will embody our culture and customer focus with an innovative mindset to cultivate solutions whilst supporting the development and deployment of new technologies. We are truly flexible and open to candidates working from any Jacobs ANZ location. If you have distinguished experience in project engineering and delivery in power system studies from a consulting environment, read on to find out more about this unique opportunity, some of the key functions include:
• Proactively assure the quality of technical outputs through the appointment of suitably qualified Technical Specialists and their assignment to tenders and projects.
• Oversee Power System assessments on a variety of national and international projects and provide quality assurance of technical outputs.
• Develop and maintain the framework of Technical Specialists required to suit the evolving needs of the discipline.
• Advance and implement priorities and goals to underpin the success of the technical practice, harnessing the benefits of diversity and inclusion through visible inclusive management, effective succession planning, exploring recruitment and retention strategies and providing mentoring.
• Effectively shape the direction of the technical practice based on future focused insights, thought leadership and Jacobs’ vision.
• Offer technical guidance in sales and proactively participate in client engagement and business development opportunities.
• Identify, manage and mitigate technical risk exposure to the business, by ensuring adequate controls are identified and applied to technical risks in both sales and project delivery.
• Support the Market Solutions business model by partnering with Growth and Sales to achieve differentiated market growth by combining deep domain expertise with client business building activities.
• Understand Jacobs sustainability values and priorities, work with Jacobs Executives to provide thought leadership to our clients, markets and employees, on how these are reflected in the actions we take and the work we do.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s Network – find out more about our employee networks here. We’re proud to say:
✅ We are an advocate for gender equality – for six years we have been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) as an Employers of Choice promoting gender equality and flexibility in our Australian workplaces.
✅ We launched myFlex – our refreshed approach encompassing a flexible working toolkit to help guide our employees to flexible working for all employees, for any reason.
✅ We’ve enhanced our Parental Leave Policy to 12 weeks for all employees, regardless of gender, with immediate eligibility at commencement of employment and Kiwi saver or Superannuation continuance for up to 12 months. We have also introduced paid leave and support for those that may experience pregnancy loss.
✅ We've launched a Family and Domestic Abuse (FDA) policy – to provide tangible support and safety for our employees experiencing DV.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. To be considered for this role, please submit an online application, or if you wish to discuss the role in more detail feel free to contact Sam Kimber via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs. #LI-SKM1 #APACPOWER #TDPOWERSYSTEMS