Jacobs Journeyman Systems Administrator- TS/SCI- Springfield, VA in Springfield, Virginia
Skills & Tasks
• Able to follow established processes & checklists
• Understands & applies basic concepts, ability to use more advanced concepts
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of systems
• Isolate and resolve problems involving the applications, operating system, hardware, communications, other infrastructure, or any combination as needed
• Hand-off problem reports to appropriate leads like Amazon/C2S, NGA-ESC, etc.
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, operating system, hardware, communications infrastructure, or any combination of these
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years experience, Associates degree plus 4 years experience, or a minimum of 6 years of experience, in a related field
• Over time, able to provide guidance & direction to others
• Current TS/SCI required
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.