Jacobs Lead Information Manager, Transportation in Stockton On Tees, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Jacobs are looking for an engaging, customer centric, solution focussed, rising star with hands on, practical Information Management experience to lead the delivery excellence for our high-profile Transportation Clients. We have an enviable reputation in Highways, Rail, Local Government and Aviation, with our clients across Europe and are committed to being a Digitally Enabled Business. The opportunity is to lead information management within our Transportation business by being the senior representative for the implementation of the UK BIM Framework including ISO19650 Series within your allocated portfolio.
Accountabilities of the Role
Managing Talent: As one of our Lead Information Managers, you will be responsible for managing one or more of our portfolios within our Transportation business. This will include managing your team and resources appropriately to ensure that the team has awareness of work and their priorities. You will work closely with the Information Management Market Lead(s) to identify the new opportunities from your Portfolio.
Delivery Excellence: As Lead Information Manager you will oversee your portfolio to ensure the implementation of effective Information Management, which will include direct involvement in schemes. You will be responsible for the delivery excellence of your portfolio(s) with joint accountability alongside Technical Solution Managers and Project Managers in accordance with the Transportation Information Delivery Plan and client requirements. Working with Delivery 4.0 and Project Technical Services you will standardise software use, driving consistency across the capabilities and your portfolio(s).
Leadership: You will be the key connection point from the Portfolio Lead(s) into Information Management, for new opportunities, innovation and risk mitigation relating to Information Delivery, including BIM. You will create a common understanding of the requirements, working towards the bigger picture and communicating this effectively to the Information Managers within the Portfolio(s). Foster an inclusive environment and collaborative community, celebrating success of individuals through our HR processes such as the E3 System.
Transformation: You will seek to implement innovative methods of delivery processes including automation and standardisation whilst working with your team to actively raise the standard of Information Management across our projects in your portfolio(s), with an ability to coach within and outside of your team.
Commercial Performance: Within your portfolio(s), you will be responsible for the commercial performance of delivery and undertake forecasting, risk management and report on performance measures for Information Management.
Maintain Delivery Momentum: You will drive teams and set the pace, ensuring teams are working towards commitments solving issues related to delivery within your portfolio(s).
As a Lead Information Manager for at least one portfolio within our Transportation business, you will undertake a key role in helping our clients achieve their outcomes. As an individual we would look for you to show experience in leadership, delivery performance, excellent communication skills combined with being a team player. The knowledge, skills and experience we value are varied as we continue to develop diverse teams. Additionally, you will also be able to;
• Be the initial escalation point for the portfolio(s) and must have an awareness of the bigger picture
• Foster a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous improvement, demonstrating adaptability and commitment to supporting others across the entire team in delivery.
• Understand the factors affecting motivation of project team members.
• Recognise your internal and external clients, and their success measures.
• Communicate effectively, allowing you to maintain relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
• Use your organisational skills to ensure all bids are supported, pipeline is accounted for, and commitments become operational.
• Bring an innovative approach to challenge existing methods and procedures, offering alternatives.
• Harness the ability to apply the latest Information Management techniques and practices within the UK Construction and Infrastructure Industry including industry standards and government policies, including the UK BIM Framework and the BS EN ISO 19650 series.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the common design and collaboration software as well as widely used document management systems
• Build on the foundation of comprehensive design and collaboration software knowledge and widely used document management systems to explore new solutions to drive efficiencies for our clients
• Create, set up, coordinate, and deliver Information Management Protocols and Execution Plans
• Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the roles, relationships and responsibilities required of Information Management within Project delivery.
• Recognise emerging technologies, opportunities and solutions that support our Clients and Project Delivery
Working for Jacobs
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Proven experience in a technical and/or engineering space with a comprehensive understanding of project information management principles and application
• Experience working in the Construction, or Engineering industry
• A degree, HND/ HNC or professional certification in a related subject
• Excellent organisation skills and an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Experience of ensuring the fundamental compliance in Information Management according to the UK BIM Framework
• Experience of implementing various interconnecting Electronic Data Management Systems
• Leadership experience.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)