Jacobs South Dakota Transportation and Infrastructure Growth Leader in Sturgis, South Dakota
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. Diverse experience. A brighter future. Continuous learning and growth. What we do is more than building roads and bridges; we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community, join us as a Transportation and Infrastructure Growth Leader.
As the South Dakota Transportation and Infrastructure Growth Leader , you’ll be part of our Northwest Senior Leadership Team and have the chance to grow and manage a multi-discipline team of technical resources in delivering transportation and other infrastructure projects and programs from planning through design and construction management. In this role you’ll assist in forming client outreach strategies and relationship development actions, identify key pursuits and lead positioning and delivery efforts. Working with other members of the team, you’ll share in the development and growth of our internal structure which promotes autonomy and allows for great opportunities to deliver local projects in South Dakota and our markets in the Midwest, Rocky Mountains and Northwest. Your knowledge of South Dakota will include local governments, special authorities, decision makers, key stakeholders, and short- and long-range capital improvement plans will be key to your success. You will use your experience with delivering transportation and other infrastructure projects from conceptual design through final design and into operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• Telework position/Home office; 1-hour proximity to Rapid City, SD, Sioux Falls, SD or Pierre, SD preferred but not required. South Dakota location required.
Other Aspects of this Position:
• You'll have the ability to work from home, providing you the opportunity to develop your own flexible schedule and achieve your desired work-life balance. Jacobs has fully integrated teleworking into our operations and delivery platforms, and you will join many of our professionals who live in the Northwest and Midwest as teleworkers while engaging in local, regional, national, and international projects. You will be fully supported by regional and national IT teams to establish a fully-functioning home office.
• You'll integrate with our local teams who are committed to growing our professional services portfolio in South Dakota and nearby states delivering the most challenging and complex infrastructure projects for our clients. You'll be part of a broader Northwest and Midwest team delivering challenging local, state, tribal and federal transportation and water infrastructure projects in Iowa, Colorado, Minnesota, Nebraska, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
• You'll build upon your understanding of alternative project delivery models including design-build, progressive design-build, CM/GC (or construction manager at risk, varies by state), public-private partnerships (3P) as you develop the skill sets to serve as a project manager or design manager for our industry-leading practice teams.
• You'll be a key part leading and building client service teams for South Dakota and Midwest clients, helping develop and implement our transportation and water market growth strategy through direct in-person and virtual interactions with client organizations.
• You will lead or support building strategic win-win relationships with other consulting firms and contractors as partners.
• You'll have the opportunity to immediately engage with existing projects in the role that best fits your skill sets and supports your career objectives.
• You'll have the opportunities to engage with planning and design professionals through our internal technical and social communities to help you grow your technical skill sets, engage with peers and mentors, and gain awareness of our global technology and project delivery platforms.
• As you grow in this position, you will have opportunities to work on projects across Jacobs as you desire, and as fits with your desired work-life balance.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• BS degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• At least 15 years of progressive experience in capital improvements with a specialty in transportation and/or water projects ; Client-specific experience performing South Dakota DOT and local city, county and/or tribal projects
• At least 10 years of project management experience; Client-specific experience managing South Dakota DOT and local city, county and/or tribal projects
• Professional Engineering registration (PE) in South Dakota, or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols:
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.