Jacobs Cost Controls Professional (TIA) in Tampa, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We challenge what is accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 ranked most admired engineering / construction company in the world, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious Cost Controls Professional in Tampa, Fl to support our Program Management Team.
As a key member of our Tampa International Airport Modernization Program team you will provide: assistance to the Program Controls Manager and individual project teams regarding forecasting, change management, cost management, project budget analysis, project earn value measurement tracking, risk management, proposals, cashflow and reporting tools.
Join us and we will assist you in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• At least 7 years of experience in Cost/Financial Controls
• Degree in a related field
• Experience with EVM (Earned Value Management)
• A thorough understanding of engineering and construction cost tracking practices
• Understand the relationships between the project controls functions of estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, and risk management.
• Establish and leverage cross-discipline relationships within the project team to facilitate cost control.
• Provide cost control leadership on project team. Advise and counsel in areas of expertise.
• Review and understand the project contract. Help identify risk areas and recommend mitigation plans. Develop and administer project controls that support contract requirements.
• Implement and execute proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs, labor hours, and quantities for projects.
• Provide a proactive contribution to the management of risk, cost, and quantities on the project. Determine the most critical measures and implement systems of control to provide timely feedback. Follow through on these items to improve the opportunity for success.
• Analyze risk to forecast contingencies. Support contingency management.
• Develop, publish, and promote the use of change control procedures.
• Develop accurate and timely project cost forecasts with the participation of lead staff and project management. The forecasts should be valued and used by the project team to contribute to the overall management of the project.
• Analyze performance data to forecast remaining cost based on performance.
• Develop and issue timely cost reports. Prepare and issue cost analysis narratives including recommendations for corrective actions that are used by the project team to manage the work.
• Manage cash flow on a project. Work with project management and financial team to maintain an appropriate cash flow.
• Create and issue client and internal status reports that effectively communicate cost status and trends. Define corrective actions for implementation.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel: Table (Vlookup, Index, Filtering, Data manipulation & summarization) and Excel Functions
• Experience with ProLog (Preferred)
• Database Management Experience
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Ability to develop cost presentations both graphically, written, and verbally.
• Excellent communication skills and understanding of technical terminology
• A good business acumen and a desire to get involved in other aspects of our business (project oversight, business development etc.)
• On site presence, tele-working not permitted
• Proven Cost Control thinking and approach (Not an entry level accounting/cost data entry position)
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
#SouthPMCM #CostEngineer, # ProjectControls
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.