Jacobs Information Assurance Cybersecurity Expert (CDS) in Tampa, Florida
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Information Assurance Cybersecurity Expert (CDS) The Contractor shall provide Cybersecurity CDS engineering in support of Cybersecurity defense-in-depth programs for USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces’ networks. The Contractor shall provide shall provide Subject Matter Expertise on CDS and guard technology by analyzing, evaluating and documenting CDS systems. The Contractor shall assist with the A&A, placement, and risk assessment of CDS systems. The Contractor shall maintain currency in the state-of-the-art of CDS and guard technology, providing recommendations in response to changes in technology and DoD direction. The Contractor shall provide Cybersecurity engineering support for DISN, DIA, Defense Switched Network (DSN), and CDS Connection Approval Packages.
Typical duties include:
• Providing dedicated, on-site support for Cybersecurity CDS engineering.
• Provide dedicated, on-site support for CDS systems.
• Coordinate and provide support for USSOCOM’s Cross Domain Security Elements (CDSE) Air Force Cross Domain Management Office (AFCDMO).
• Ensure current CDS systems operate on USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces’ networks in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Ensure CDS systems maintain certification and authority to operate as they are modified to meet operational requirements.
• Provide Cybersecurity and RMF Subject Matter Expertise to the evaluation of current and emerging guard and CDS techniques, technologies, and vulnerabilities. Periodically publish reports documenting this information.
• Provide technical advice and recommendations for meeting new CDS requirements.
• Performing CDS risk and vulnerability assessments for engineered networks and systems on the SIE.
• Ensuring engineering tasks and solutions comply with accreditation, certification and connection standards for USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces’ networks and systems.
• Engineering and analyzing solutions for vulnerability and risk assessment to ensure solutions are in compliance with security standards and measures.
• Reviewing, analyzing, and documenting the security requirements of CDS across their life cycles.
• Reviewing CDS Security Test and Evaluation plans; developing or refining them as necessary.
• Attend Defense Security Accreditation Working Group (DSAWG) and Flag Panel meetings to help advocate USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces’ requirements.
• Provide situational awareness of CDS systems in the SIE, including location, capability, network topology and diagrams, missions supported, and other related information.
• Periodically publish reports documenting this information.
• Manage and track requests and requirements for CDS systems supported within the SIE; assist with creating, updating, tracking, and managing staff packages for prioritization and approval by the appropriate authorities.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience with the US Combatant Commands (USCENTCOM/USSOCOM) is desired.
• Working knowledge of the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides.
• Must have excellent communications skill (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and experience with DOD IA processes and policies (e.g., CJCSM 6510.01, Incident Response and other IA policies).
• Active TS/SCI clearance required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and eight (8) years of progressive, relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• DOD 8570 IA Workforce, IAT III or IAM III required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .