Jacobs Project Architect (on-site / Phoenix, AZ) in Tempe, Arizona
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Project Architect working with our office in Phoenix, AZ , you will be an integral member of a highly creative, in-house multi-disciplinary team dedicated to innovative problem-solving and design excellence. You will support the design and construction of facilities and structures for our clients requiring advanced planning and building techniques. Collaborating in our fast-paced environment with other members of our team, you will work across all phases of design, performing conceptual and detailed design tasks. You will oversee design and construction activities, and studies, leading design coordination across architecture and engineering disciplines.
Working with our Data Center team architects and designers, you will help develop technical design solutions and lead the group to communicate design requirements in project drawings and models. As part of the Electronics architecture group, you will have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and supervision to junior team members, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose, and guiding them forward. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Duties and Responsibilities:
With minimal supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of architectural design and analysis:
· Plan and conduct work requiring judgement and evaluation, selection and adaptation of architectural techniques and criteria
· Exercise sound judgement and problem-solving skills, not hesitating to reach out to others for guidance or confirmation when questions arise.
· Possess knowledge of principles and practices of architectural design and construction, including ability to apply required provisions of the building code.
· Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control, including checking of others’ work.
Be responsible for managing your workload, making, and keeping commitments, and taking ownership of your assigned work. Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail.
· Ownership of your portion of the design scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
· Able to forecast level of effort needed to complete design scope.
· Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Lead or Project Manager.
· Recognize when help is needed, reaching out to peers and senior architects for guidance.
Develop leadership and coaching skills:
· Provide technical guidance, coaching, and/or mentorship to designers and less experienced architects. Motivate and coordinate small to med sized architecture teams.
· Be proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within the architectural discipline. Embrace emerging technologies.
· Be a motivated self-starter who is punctual, proactive, and attentive, with strong organizational skills.
On assigned projects:
· Lead a team of designers responsible for an area of design in the technical design, construction drawings, specifications, and model creation.
· Attend project meetings and take an active role to help team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
· Participate in and champion internal, cross-discipline, and external project quality reviews.
Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit, and desire to bring value to your team, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited Architectural program
· Professional Architecture license
· Data center, semiconductor, or advanced facility building design experience
· At least 12 years of architecture experience
· At least 4 years of experience with Revit
· Excellent client focus
· Effective interpersonal, leadership, and collaboration skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work on-site in Phoenix, AZ
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Professional Architecture license in Arizona
· Experience directing the daily activities of a small team with Sketch up, and Navisworks
· Ability to ensure project quality and provide ideas and suggestions aimed at improving the effectiveness of project activities
· LEED accredited
· Ability to travel
#afelectronics #architect #designarchitect
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus. Salary to be offered is geographic dependent and commensurate with experience relative to the position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.