Jacobs Roadway/Highway Project Manager in Tempe, Arizona
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Phoenix, AZ is one of the fastest growing metropolitan regions in the United States. This growth has led to significant opportunities in many areas of infrastructure/roadway design and planning. As a vital member of our team, based out of Jacobs’ local Phoenix/Tempe office, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale projects and utilize your highway/roadway expertise to serve as a roadway project manager on transportation related projects. You’ll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working directly with our clients. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for your clients and we will provide resources to help you pursue opportunities that excite you.
What we do is more than building roads, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as a Project Manager. You will participate in the development of our business strategy. You will proactively identify and solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions; and guide others in solving complex issues in specialized areas. We’ll rely on your leadership as you mentor and direct junior staff.
You’ll grow professionally with us as we rise together on impactful projects with a high degree of technical complexity from the concept stage through detailed design and construction services. You’ll be leading multidiscipline planning and design teams to complete tasks within established schedules and budgets and help advance our business development strategies. Your relationships with our clients and communities in the Southwest will support our growth with key and strategic pursuits of traditional planning and design projects as well as alternative delivery opportunities.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineer License (PE)
• At least 15 years related experience in transportation work with an emphasis on roadway and/or transit design
• At least 2-5 years of project management experience in the transportation design field
• Ability to demonstrate project leadership experience
• Previous Department of Transportation (DOT), County or Municipal experience
• Strong OpenRoads Designer, InRoads, MicroStation background
• Strong mathematical, analytical, time management skills
• Strong communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Recognition as a transportation industry thought leader with ability to promote and initiate solutions for a broad application of client needs
• Experience with multi-discipline infrastructure engineering design and construction projects
• Experience leading discipline and project teams
• Experience with alternative project delivery models including design-build, progressive design-build, CMAR, and public-private partnerships (P3)
• Client connections in the Arizona area
• Familiarity with Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) plans preparation a plus
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.